Delta Airline Luggage Check In Time

tomstur

I am departing on a Delta Flight at approx 4:00pm on Sat 1/19. Does anybody know what is the earliest time I can check in my luggage at the airport? I will call Delta and ask, but I would rather hear this from somebody that has personal experience. Thanks so much.

I am departing on a Delta Flight at approx 4:00pm on Sat 1/19. Does anybody know what is the earliest time I can check in my luggage at the airport? I will call Delta and ask, but I would rather hear this from somebody that has personal experience. Thanks so much.

If you haven't already I would also post this question on your ships cc board and on your roll call board.

The answer is dependent on your departure/arrival airports, and whether it is a domestic or an international flight; Delta's policy is laid out here: http://www.delta.com/content/www/en_US/traveling-with-us/check-in/requirements.html

Unless I am missing something from that Delta link, which is very possible, it appears to be only related to checking in for flights. More specifically, I am trying to find out if I can arrive at the airport in St Martin at about 9:00am and check my luggage for a 4:00pm flight. Then leave the airport and go to Maho Beach to relax for a few hours. I just spoke to Delta. They said that the check in counter opens four hours before the flight at which time we can check our bags. However, St Martin has another Delta flight departing at 2:00pm, so they should have a counter open at 10:00am. Delta could not confirm this airport would allow us to check the bags in that early. Hopefully somebody has experience from St Martin regarding this issue.

Unless I am missing something from that Delta link, which is very possible, it appears to be only related to checking in for flights.

It's the same thing. You obviously can't check in luggage if you're not flying on the flight, therefore in order to check in luggage, you need to check in for the flight.

More specifically, I am trying to find out if I can arrive at the airport in St Martin at about 9:00am and check my luggage for a 4:00pm flight.

I have no first-hand knowledge, but my instincts say no. I would be more inclined to check whether your hotel would hold your luggage for a few hours after checking out (or even grant you late check-out), or even if there's a hotel nearby with a concierge that would hold the luggage, perhaps while you had a meal in their restaurant.

I don't remember trying to check in with Delta that early, but we've done it with American several times. Checked in around 8:30 for a 3:30 departure.

I believe that the 2:00 flight you mention is actually the 2:30 to JFK if 30 minutes makes any difference.

gary

Archived