Where to stay in Vancouver the night before cruise

SandyR5

Hi - Need to gather info about where to stay, in Vancouver, the night before our cruise. I know there are lots of hotels in downtown and Granville and they go from budget to really expensive. We are just looking for a clean, nice place to spend the evening. We arrive at the airport about 3:00 after a LONG day flying. Any thoughts about staying at a hotel near the airport? I see there are some Holiday Inn Express hotels with free shuttles from the airport. We would then have to take a taxi in the morning to the ship. Any comments? Thanks so much.

Sandy, I am looking at the same thing as we fly into Vancouver around 7PM and will be DEAD. There is a tour company that I found recommended on another thread called Landsea Tours. They will pick you up (with luggage)from an airport hotel and take you on a 4 hour tour. Your luggage goes to the port while you are touring and then you are dropped off about 2 at the port. This doesn't help you decide on a hotel, but it might help you decide where to stay.

Did a similar thing after an Alaskan cruise. Just looking to get to hotel and then get to the ship in the morning. Looks like its about a $35 - $40 taxi ride to cruise terminal from airport area. Guess if you're staying downtown it would be a little less expensive trip, but then you'd have to take a taxi to the port from the hotel in the a.m. We're not even thinking about taking the train...not with luggage. :rolleyes:

Given the fact that the OP rather feels that they would be exhausted after flying from the right coast and really wants somewhere to just crash for the night then by all means an HI Express would work, you could look at the Best Western-Abercorn Inn, the Delta Airport Inn, the Coast Airport Hotel, the Sheraton-Vancouver Airport or the Accent Inn, all of these I am familiar with and can recommend. I would plan that a cab fare in the morning to Canada Place will run you about $35.

Archived