Recommendations for hotel in Barcelona

Tudorcruisers

We stayed at ACTA Atrium Palace. Great hotel just a couple of blocks from Las Ramblas and near great shopping and restaurants. Special rate for cruisers that you can book on the hotel website.

Great service, very clean, comfortable beds and marvelous bathrooms.

My sister and I stayed at the Hotel Denit, small boutique hotel on a small quiet side street one block off the Portal d'Angel, a pedestrian shopping street and Plaza de Catalunya. Walking distance to the Rambla. They allowed us early (8:00 a.m.) check in when our flight arrived. Breakfast included.

Hotel Denit Barcelona

Estruc, 24-26. 08002 Barcelona, España.

T: +34935 454 000BsAt4ube4GblQIAAAAASUVORK5CYII=

E: info@denit.com

Barcelona is not a cheap place to stay and I was pleased to get a fully equipped 1 bedroom apt with kitchen, free wifi and a 10 minute walk to Las Ramblas and other tourist sites. Cost was 150 euros per day.

Name is Casp 74 Apartments and I have attached a link to their site:

http://www.apartmentscasp74.com/index.php?idm=3

We stayed pre-cruise at the Hotel Jazz off Placa Catalunya. Short walk from the Aerobus that dropped us on the other side of the Placa. Nice clean modern hotel with a roof top pool. Close to Las Ramblas and the metro. Close to great restaurants. Inexpensive.

We stayed post cruise at the Hotel Colon. We had a balcony room overlooking the cathedral. Older European hotel. Quirky bathroom. Expensive - 200 Euros a night. Lots of restaurants in the area.

Both were great in their own right but if you are looking for more bang for your buck - I'd book the Hotel Jazz.

Just booked the Hotel Jazz for end of Sept. Price has really gone up since your visit...300 Cdn or 227.70 eu. Guess it's end of season.

Just booked the Hotel Jazz for end of Sept. Price has really gone up since your visit...300 Cdn or 227.70 eu. Guess it's end of season.

That is a high price for Hotel Jazz. Are you there during La Merce fiesta (20-24 September)?

If these are your dates then all hotels will be more expensive and book up quickly. If it is not at that time, what dates are you there?

That is a high price for Hotel Jazz. Are you there during La Merce fiesta (20-24 September)?

If these are your dates then all hotels will be more expensive and book up quickly. If it is not at that time, what dates are you there?

one night...Sept. 25th. Guess it's the 'tail end' of the festival with perhaps folks staying over. Other hotels are booked. Guess I'm lucky I booked early? Thanks for letting me know...MUCH appreciated Ranchette and Carol. Any other hints Carol as you seem so very knowledgeable.

one night...Sept. 25th. Guess it's the 'tail end' of the festival with perhaps folks staying over. Other hotels are booked. Guess I'm lucky I booked early? Thanks for letting me know...MUCH appreciated Ranchette and Carol. Any other hints Carol as you seem so very knowledgeable.

For more information on La Mercè (Barcelona's biggest Fiesta) read here (I know this is a gay website but it gives quite a good description of the fiesta)

You will miss the climax on 24th but, as you say, the hotels may still be busy on 25th with people staying on.

• 2 weeks later...

Agree that the price seems high for jazz, but if there are festivals then that could explain it. I'd put a note on your booking to get a higher floor if possible, if you haven't already done so. Metro is below so higher up, the better. No issues for us in 517 :)

Just booked Hotel Jazz 168 EUR for 1 Friday night in May, day before we cruise. Had good reviews, looked like the location was great and price was good.

My date is for late Sept, but AFTER the festival...wonder why I'm charged 227 eu?? Perhaps I should check with the hotel?

My date is for late Sept, but AFTER the festival...wonder why I'm charged 227 eu?? Perhaps I should check with the hotel?

As I said in a previous post, you are in Barcelona on 25th September, the main day of La Mercè fiesta is 24th. Hotels in Barcelona will be busy (therefore charge more) around that time.

I have had a look at the prices for Hotel Jazz

Up to Saturday 21st September €132 a night

Sunday 22nd to Friday 27th September €253 a night (looks like it has gone up even more since you booked)

From Saturday 28th September €132 a night

You will find a similar situation in all Barcelona hotels that week. Do not cancel your booking at that hotel unless you have a confirmed booking elsewhere - soon it will be almost impossible to book a room that week.

As I said in a previous post, you are in Barcelona on 25th September, the main day of La Mercè fiesta is 24th. Hotels in Barcelona will be busy (therefore charge more) around that time.

I have had a look at the prices for Hotel Jazz

Up to Saturday 21st September €132 a night

Sunday 22nd to Friday 27th September €253 a night (looks like it has gone up even more since you booked)

From Saturday 28th September €132 a night

You will find a similar situation in all Barcelona hotels that week. Do not cancel your booking at that hotel unless you have a confirmed booking elsewhere - soon it will be almost impossible to book a room that week.

Thanks so much Carol...I just had a quote from Hotel Indigo at 349 eu for that same night. Also a response from Hotel Jazz indicating their pricing is "The rates don’t depend only on the events, they depend on the availability of each hotel and the availability of all hotels in Barcelona." We'll stay where we are as there have been good reviews on their site and in CC posts.

Archived