Favorite Hotel

StringerBell

Well, our favorite hotel is the El Convento but it is not on the beach.... but rather in the heart of Old San Juan......

In all our travels to San Juan we have never stayed at a hotel on the beach.... opting instead for the old town area. It is one of our favorite cities.

We always figured we would get PLENTY of beach/water time while on the cruise anyway.

However...... if I was to stay on the beach it would be at Numero Uno guesthouse. Small boutique hotel. We ate at Pamelas there and really liked the area and the hotel. A perfect way to start out a vacation in my opinion since we tend to avoid big touristy bustling hotels anyway.

Well, our favorite hotel is the El Convento but it is not on the beach.... but rather in the heart of Old San Juan......

In all our travels to San Juan we have never stayed at a hotel on the beach.... opting instead for the old town area. It is one of our favorite cities.

Exactly how I would reply.

We always figured we would get PLENTY of beach/water time while on the cruise anyway.

However...... if I was to stay on the beach it would be at Numero Uno guesthouse. Small boutique hotel. We ate at Pamelas there and really liked the area and the hotel. A perfect way to start out a vacation in my opinion since we tend to avoid big touristy bustling hotels anyway.

I'll check those out, Beach isnt a deal breaker for us!

We also stayed at the La Concha and loved it. Very classy, modern hotel and room. The pool area is great as well. Only issue we noticed was the pool area party going on Saturday night. Our room was in the front of the hotel with the hallways facing the main street. Our patio looked out onto the pool area. We enjoyed sitting out having a few late night drinks listening to the music. We were extremely tired so we were lucky to sleep through the music with lasted probably until 3am.

If possible get a room in the highrise tower part of the hotel. Hopefully one up high or better yet, facing the Ocean and not the interior court and pool. The hotel was probably one of the nicest hotels we have ever stayed in and was not your typical room layout. Would stay there again in a heartbeat.

I also suggest El Convento. We stayed there pre-cruise and loved it so much we have it booked again for this March. It's easily the best hotel we've ever stayed in.

Archived