Noise in aft cabins deck 2 Enchantment/Vision Class?

wvufan

While the propulsion is aft, the engines themselves are typically amidship. I would not worry too much about noise. There can be noise for many reasons in any cabin in any location (construction, repairs, noisy neighbors, crying babies...). There are no guarantees, and experienced travelers make sure they are prepared with earplugs.

Thanks ehfl.:)

We are veteran cruisers and are always prepared with earplugs. Sometimes there are unusual noisy places and was just trying to see if that location was one of them. We learned on one cruise that lower starboard toward the bow was where they let the pilot on, and no earplug in the world could have spared us!

Happy Sails to You

OOOEEE :D:D Bob and Phyl

I have a courtesy hold on cabin 2634 on the Enchantment. I am concerned about noise from the engines etc., and would appreciate any feedback.

Happy Sails to You

OOOEEE :D:D Bob and Phyl

I was on Enchantment in October. Room 7158. The vibration was very noticeable. It would steadily increase the further aft you walked down the hallway. At night the coat hangers in the closet would rattle together and keep me awake. I finally go take all of them down and laid them in the floor.

I know it was directly related to the propellers because it only occurred when we where moving.

We loved Enchantment but will only stay forward or midships in the future.

Archived