Ruby Princess in pictures; Dec. 9-16, 2012

dmwnc1959

Hi Sarah!

Carnival Destiny was not my first, but she'll always have a special place in my heart. Odd how ships take over our emotions like that. I found those pictures of her entering the shipyard this past Saturday completely by accident while surfing the internet for more of the Royal Princess. Her complete gutting and revision as Carnival Sunshine looks pretty amazing.

And I'm glad you enjoyed the Allure and Ruby pictures! A friend of mine just came back from the Carnival Breeze and his pictures were amazing, and it was like going on a mini-vacation looking through them, so I know what you mean by doing a little 'armchair' ship travel.

One of my favorite places to sit on Allure was under the trellis in Central Park away from the main walkaway. It was just hidden enough behind the trees, and very quiet, that it felt like a completely different world. As far as the Central Park View stateroom it was very, very quiet. Never heard a peep from the park. I was just looking at rates for her again and it would actually be cheaper to get a Central Park Balcony. That would be my next choice when I go back in 2016.

I love experiencing new and different ships. Lots and lots of choices if one is open minded enough. Heck, I'm about a phone call away from booking Norwegian Breakaway if they don't hurry up with Royal Princess! Just kidding. Guess good things come to those who wait, so I better be patient, although Breakaway looks pretty cool too. It will be fun watching her float out in a few hours.

286 days until Royal Princess! :D

I enjoyed looking at your photos! We haven't been on the Ruby yet. . . it will have to wait.

I was trying to see if you got any close ups of the glass elevators and the design work on the outside of them. Our last ship was the Sapphire and it had some really fun things on the 'grill work.' So, I went back to look at all my photos of other cruises and found that each set of elevators has a different motif! Now I want to check them all out!

I love cruising. Always checking out he prices and where we will go next. It is fun to just dream! We have one more year of college to pay for then we can start to travel once again. Looking forward to it! It will definitely be somewhere warm!

Thank you once again for the photos!

Hi RNGALNG!

I'm glad you liked the pictures. :D Here is one picture I took but had not previously downloaded of the scroll work on the outside of the atrium elevators. It doesn't appear as if anything is 'hidden' in them.

Ruby Princess atrium elevators

I know Disney did on their new ships, hid Mickey Mouse in the scroll work. It was fun hunting for them. :D

The "scroll work" on the Caribbean Princess is different than any of the other ships I've been on. If I remember correctly it has dolphins and such in the iron work design. That is one of the special details that make the CB my favorite ship we've sailed on (so far) even though I've found myself highly obsessed with the Royal, thanks to you, David :D!

This delightful review was able to draw me out of my Royal haze and has gotten me super excited to visit the Ruby again.

The Sapphire has a different motif than the CB or this ship. I went back and looked at the two photos I too and the theme seems to be the industrial age - lots of gears, building silhouettes, a cruise ship, the blimp. . .So fun. I wonder what the other ships have!!! Now I am really curious!

Thanks for posting the picture you found - just for me!

Just checked my photos of the Coral and the elevators do not have any work around the glass elevators. On the sides of them, however are some lighted 'flame' things that seem to sparkle and change color.

Very interesting. . .

What a great review. Thank you for taking the time to post them..so we enjoy them too!

We were on the CB for New Years and a lot of the Christmas decorations were still up. I was impressed. Trees here and there...poinsettas...My husband .inclined to be a bit of a grump had bah humbugged the idea of decorations..SO when ever we saw a tree..some plants a wreath..I gave him a Christmas Alert... poke in the side.

He finally told me to quit. That Princess had done the ship up fine. I loved it.

What a great review. Thank you for taking the time to post them..so we enjoy them too!

We were on the CB for New Years and a lot of the Christmas decorations were still up. I was impressed. Trees here and there...poinsettas...My husband .inclined to be a bit of a grump had bah humbugged the idea of decorations..SO when ever we saw a tree..some plants a wreath..I gave him a Christmas Alert... poke in the side.

He finally told me to quit. That Princess had done the ship up fine. I loved it.

That's pretty much why I travel now during the first or second week of December, to see the Christmas Decorations. Can't wait to see what they have in store for Royal Princess' first Christmas! :D

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
Yes, that is a bummer. :( I thought he was the better of the two.

I heard Ryan would be on the Royal for the Winter Season... arriving at the begining of October . Though Ron Goodman will be on vacation at that time Sam Hawker-Thomas will be the CD on the Royal.

I heard Ryan would be on the Royal for the Winter Season... arriving at the begining of October . Though Ron Goodman will be on vacation at that time Sam Hawker-Thomas will be the CD on the Royal.

<perk> RYAN???? May not be a total loss without Ron <doin the happy dance>:)

<perk> RYAN???? May not be a total loss without Ron <doin the happy dance>:)

Sam is very good have travelled with her a few times in the past, one of my fav. Cruise directors.

I am really excited that Ryan will be on the Royal, he is always so full of energy. Will be on for the month of December looking forward to seeing the ship and all the new activities and lounges it has to offer.

• 3 weeks later...

dmwnc1959 I have narrowed down my 30th Anniversary and first ever cruise to the "Ruby Princess" but after seeing all your pics it is a no brainer. I take it the Allure doesn't go through the Canal,Lol I have posted in the new to cruising thread with questions. If you can please feel free to give me some advice. We are looking at a Caribbean Cruise in April 2016 and will book the moment I see it on the Princess website.

dmwnc1959 I have narrowed down my 30th Anniversary and first ever cruise to the "Ruby Princess" but after seeing all your pics it is a no brainer. I take it the Allure doesn't go through the Canal,Lol I have posted in the new to cruising thread with questions. If you can please feel free to give me some advice. We are looking at a Caribbean Cruise in April 2016 and will book the moment I see it on the Princess website.

Hi chisels1!

Sorry I didn't get back with you earlier, as I work midnight shifts and was zonked out after a hard weekend.

The Ruby Princess is a lovely ship and I hope you have a wonderful 30th Anniversary on her! :D I took a look-see over on the other thread and it appears you have received some excellent advice! If a week-long cruise is possible then that would also be my choice, just keep in mind that mid-March through early April may be Spring Break with more families and college kids aboard ship, so one of the cruises prior to the Europe migration may be best. Plan for a full days activities ashore at your island stops and then relax and enjoy the sea days by ordering a romantic Ultimate Balcony Breakfast to celebrate that special day! :D

dmwnc1959 So would early March be a good time and still be nice and warm? I want to be in the water, whether it be pool or ocean. We are from Massachusetts and the warmer the better,Lol I was concerned about about the kids to. We have 4 boys all grown up, one is in the Coast Guard in Rockland, Me. I noted the cutter reliance in one of your photos its out of Kittery, Me.

I just want a more adult ship with people who like to have fun but are more mature and want some quiet moments without screaming kids and families under foot, if you know what I mean. Thanks for all your help.:D

Hi chisels1!

Maybe some of the other members here can chime in as well since I'm no expert on Spring Break timing, but for me personally I would avoid the entire month of March at all costs. But that's just me. I would stick with early April around the second sailing into the month for less kids and a quieter atmosphere.

:)

Archived