Which adapter for Voyager of The Seas.

Zanny

Hi, looking around i have found 2 US adapter types. Which one do i buy for use on the voyager of the seas to use our aust chargers etc. They both look differrent. Can someone help please. Regards zanny:)

Americans have a three pin and a two pin both work in the same slots. They are basically the same as ours. Although unlike our sockets which at always made for three pin, not all Us sockets have 3 holes. I would say the Voyager has 3 pin sockets. The safest would be to get a two pin though. The pins should both be vertical unlike ours which are on the side.

Another option you have is the European plug. Its two round pins, but they sit further into the wall. Much of the appliances used on cruises ships use the European socket, so there are plenty of them in the room and are the only ones that you can find around public areas of the ship.

There are two Euro and one USA plug on voyager.

The Euro plug is a better option as things like Hair Straightners prefer the higher Voltage and Europe is only slightly less than Oz Voltage.

Be care though we bought some cheap Euro adaptors online and they only worked in the bathroom outlet as the main plug in the cabin has a round area on the plug that actually recesses into the socket and our cheapie had a flat face.

the Ones that luggage shops sell Korjo work fine, they look like this.

http://campingmegastore.com.au/bluecart/store/products/products_1036_1_large.jpg

They sell a combo plug on the Ship for $35 :eek:

The Korjo ones are about $10-15 combined with a small power pack you are in business.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/2x-All-in-One-Universal-World-Travel-Power-AC-Adapter-Plug-AU-UK-US-EU-Japan-New-/280954340372?pt=AU_Travel_Acc&hash=item416a2f0414&_uhb=1#ht_2032wt_923

I bought these and they have been great as they cover all plugs so we no longer need to worry about what each ship has. They work well and are cheap.

Archived