Lsimon Finally Trys a Beverage Package

Lsimon

We got the classic beverage package as a CA state resident perk and may now have to purchase this on every cruise.

They did not run out of the wines listed on these packages and we were actually surprised more people didn't get this option being it was into the 123 promotion period. For us, we either broke even or maybe a little bit ahead. I would not have drank that much without the package but we were never at any point in time, buzzed or drunk. There was absolutely no lack of service noticed because we or others had the beverage package. I have seen this as a worry in previous threads.

This is about how our day would go:

Café Americano and Mocha in the morning ($4.50)

Bottle of water for the day ($4)

Fresh Squeezed OJ - sometimes as a mimosa x 2 ($5)

Beer by the pool x 2 ($10)

Wine while sitting on the balcony ($7)

Club soda ($2)

Cocktail up on the lawn club ($7)

Wine while getting ready for dinner ($7)

Mini martini at the bar before dinner ($6)

Wine with dinner x 2 ($14)

After dinner drink at the martini bar x 2 ($15)

I am estimating on some of the prices because we never had a charge. But, if I look at it, this -- we did come out ahead. Although, as mentioned, we wouldn't have drank as much without it -- but probably still the beer by the pool and wine with dinner. For us, it was a great perk. We may not drink nearly this much on a cooler weather cruise but are currently booked for Alaska in Sept and are pondering what to do. We are on a special package with 4 wine events included so would be hard to justify the additional costs for that one. We so enjoyed just ordering whatever we wanted with the package and wouldn't question buying it on another warm weather cruise. I may see how much we are enjoying the wine events and purchase the package during the cruise if it seems like something is just missing. :D

This is good information, although I agree that it's not 100% clear whether you can purchase on Thursday for a cruise that ends on Saturday, or if you would have had to purchase on Wednesday. I would think Thursday, but you never know with these things - I think they purposely word their FAQs ambiguously to leave themselves some wiggle room. I may find out next January - our cruise on Reflection has two sea days at the end, and I think my husband will definitely get his money's worth on sea days, especially with the new beer selection in Michael's. Who knows, maybe I'll get my money's worth too! :D

Bit confused. I thought you could only buy the alcoholic drinks package for the whole cruise. Is it possible when on board to buy it say for the last 6 or 7 days of the cruise?

Bit confused. I thought you could only buy the alcoholic drinks package for the whole cruise. Is it possible when on board to buy it say for the last 6 or 7 days of the cruise?

Yes.

You can purchase a package on board for the remainder of your cruise at a prorated price. This can be done until 2 or 3 days before the end of your cruise.

Thanks so much for this info. We are on a 11 day cruise but for the first 6 days it is very port intensive so would not make use of the drinks package to our advantage but when relaxing for the 5 days at sea after, I think we would appreciate it! Hopefully we will try for this and see what happens. Regards

As if there weren't enough considerations already for whether to get a package or not get a package, the Classic and Premium alcohol packages now get you a discount on bottles of wine.

From Celebrity's website:

"Plus, with purchase of this Classic Package, you can enjoy a 20% discount on all wines by the bottle purchased on board, even our prized Reserve Wine list and Rare Wine list. "

"Plus, with purchase of this Premium Package, you can enjoy a 30% discount on all wines by the bottle purchased on board, even our prized Reserve Wine list and Rare Wine list."

This appears to be a fairly new policy. The poster who pointed it out to me thought it was a change from March of this year. It definitely makes a difference to my husband and I, but we may continue with buying only 1 beverage package for him as I primarily drink water except for at dinner when I prefer wine.

Archived