Sail in 7 weeks and still can't get excited!

hlb76

Carival was nice enough to email me to remind me my cruise is fast approaching.. 7 weeks to be exact. I just can't get excited.

I don't think I am burned out on cruising. I love it and am constantly thinking about booking and looking for deals. I just don't know what is wrong this time.

Maybe I am still overly stressed about the holidays?

Maybe it's more being nervous as we have never sailed out of Port Canaveral. At least we finally have a hotel and rental car reserved.

Maybe it's that I did not enjoy my last sailing on Ecstasy in Oct/11?

Maybe it's that we can't decide what to do in port? Freeport/Nassua/KW

I know I am super excited to have a week off of work and housework.

I'm super excited to try and reconnect with the hubby and kids.

I'm excited to leave MN for a while.

I have enjoyed watching the Super Bowl while sailing the last 2 years.

WCMC - need I say more

KISS ON THE LIPS - need I say more

I'm excited to meet a new CD on this sailing.

So I do have stuff to be excited for I just need to break this funk

Carival was nice enough to email me to remind me my cruise is fast approaching.. 7 weeks to be exact. I just can't get excited.

I don't think I am burned out on cruising. I love it and am constantly thinking about booking and looking for deals. I just don't know what is wrong this time.

Maybe it's more being nervous as we have never sailed out of Port Canaveral. At least we finally have a hotel and rental car reserved.

WCMC - need I say more

Heather, don't be nervous about sailing out of Port Canaveral. We have sailed from there on the majority of our cruises and it's a very easy port to sail from.

I too have some cruises that I'm more excited about than others, but at this time of year with all the hussle and bussle going on it's easy just to feel overwhelmed. Just wait until after the holidays and I'm sure you're going to be looking forward to the rest and relaxation.

We are sailing on the 28th of January out of Jacksonville and I have not really thought about it too much either. But after the holidays and I will be ready to go, go, go........:D

Happy Sailing!!!!

WCMC - need I say more

You're not alone!! I have felt like that up until a week before! Hint about the car rental... Drop off your checked luggage at the ship before returning the car. The shuttle bus has limited space and is easier to get on without luggage. MCO is probably the easiest place to pick up your car. It's been a couple years but the rentals are/were right at the airport, not off-site. Enjoy!! :D

Ahhh.. First world problems. Look at it this way: If NOT being excited about your cruise is your biggest issue, you are doing just fine. Just do things to keep your spirits up: Get drunk and go bowling, tell little kids there's no Santa, take two pills instead of one..... just do whatever it takes to make you happy -only you know what works! :D

Ahhh.. First world problems. Look at it this way: If NOT being excited about your cruise is your biggest issue, you are doing just fine. Just do things to keep your spirits up: Get drunk and go bowling, tell little kids there's no Santa, take two pills instead of one..... just do whatever it takes to make you happy -only you know what works! :D

PreaherMan77- Wow, off topic, but at first glance, your avitar pic looks a lot like Richard Simmons. I had to do a double take.

BTW, I like Richard, he is cute and a very kind man.

Heather, I don't know if this will help you get in the cruise mood or not but I was at Party World last week and saw a pin-the-sword on the Pirate game. It plays out like pin-the-tail on the donkey. That would be great fun to have around the house for a few days and/or even to take along to decorate the outside of your door.

:)

LMAO! Too funny!!

Heather, holidays are always sooo busy for all of us. I am going on my first ever cruise in the winter months next month. I am excited but anxious! I have no doubt when you arrive and the ship starts moving it will all be GOOD!!!

Lisa

We LOVE PC!!! We have sailed out of PC the most and its great! I have the

same fears about Miami! We sail 1 week after you and I

know nothing about Miami! We are driving and going 2 days

early to explore. I have not even booked a Motel because

it all confuses me. I am driving myself crazy :eek:

I think once I can get this Motel booked, I will be in a

more relaxed~happy mood!

Maybe you are feeling a bit "Carnivaled out?". I see that all of your cruises have been on Carnival, plus you are sailing on a ship that you've already been on, plus you are sailing to a place you've already been to.

Personally, after sailing exclusively on Carnival for a few years, the experience started feeling stale and repetitive. This prompted us to try a different cruise line for our next cruise (which felt awesome, like that first cruise experience!)

The good news is that when we returned to Carnival after taking a break from them, the experience felt fresh and exciting all over again. :)

I felt this way the cruise before last. I had a lot of worries and couldn't get into the mood. I did not have those worries this last cruise and now, so if you are worried about something, let it go. Deal with it after the cruise. I hope you can jump start your mood and have a blast :).

At times it has been difficult to get in the mood, but there's so much going on right now with the holidays. Our problem is the awful gray skies, it's raining most days or looking like snow, and winter is sapping the happiness out of us like dementors in Harry Potter!!!

But the minute I see that sun shine and hold a DOD in my hand -- no problem getting into the swing of things!!

Have a great cruise and enjoy!

I understand completely. For me, it must have to do with Christmas season- we are SO busy with Christmas programs and events (church workers) that I always feel run down, and don't really enjoy the whole Christmas prep season. We're less than 2 weeks away from our departure, and 2 days ago, I turned to my DH and said, "There! NOW I'm looking forward to it." That coincided with the last of the events I was responsible for, and the wrapping of my daughters' presents. We're keeping the trip a surprise from our 3 kids, and I think not being able to talk to them about it has kept my anticipation at a required low level. However, this board helps and I can tell my anticipation level is getting higher when I spend too much time over here!

I know what you mean. I use to get so completely overwhelmed by the holidays that I couldn't enjoy anything and I spent the entire month with a giant pit in my gut. We (my family and I) have scaled back our celebration over the last few years - gifts for children only - and that has helped. Recent events here in CT however, have completely drained me of any holiday spirit what-so-ever.

BTW Bluenose, My Mom is from Nova Scotia. Really beautiful up there.

Maybe it's a good thing you're not too excited about this cruise. We went on one in November, and I just wasn't at all wound up about it, but it turned out to be the best cruise ever! Have another one coming up in February and really looking forward to all the holiday stuff being over and concentrating on it!

Maybe you are feeling a bit "Carnivaled out?". I see that all of your cruises have been on Carnival, plus you are sailing on a ship that you've already been on, plus you are sailing to a place you've already been to.

Personally, after sailing exclusively on Carnival for a few years, the experience started feeling stale and repetitive. This prompted us to try a different cruise line for our next cruise (which felt awesome, like that first cruise experience!)

The good news is that when we returned to Carnival after taking a break from them, the experience felt fresh and exciting all over again. :)

I so agree with this! I just did Celebrity, have the Epic booked for April, and I'm planning another Carnival cruise in September. Mixing it up makes each experience feel new again!

Thanks for the support guys.... feels good to know I am not alone!

I do think the holiday stress has sucked the life out of me. The dementor comment was spot on. I am not a fan of Christmas in anyway shape or form (which is sad but true) so it ads a lot of extra stress.

We have had other stressors in our life as well The last year has been horrible for us. As much as I am looking forward to getting away I feel like I am waiting for the other shoe to drop. Not to mention all the downers in the world lately. It's hard to find reason to be happy!

I agree sailing Ecstasty again has something to do with it. We had a unfavorable experience on her. But we are willing to try again. It was not just the ship it was the sailing bad weather, missing ports, etc.

Maybe I am Carnivaled out? But I just cant beat the deals we find.

We are getting our first winter storm tomorrow 3-6 inchs of blowing snow. I'm sure that will really get me in the mood for vacation!!!

We LOVE PC!!! We have sailed out of PC the most and its great! I have the

same fears about Miami! We sail 1 week after you and I

know nothing about Miami! We are driving and going 2 days

early to explore. I have not even booked a Motel because

it all confuses me. I am driving myself crazy :eek:

I think once I can get this Motel booked, I will be in a

more relaxed~happy mood!

I like sailing from Mia. We have sailed from there a few times. We have always flown in once day of :eek: but normally the day before. I like the cabs are flat rate so I know what to expect. We stayed near the airport a couple of times and once closer to the port. We have a friend in the hotel business and has given us "be our guest' passes. So it made picking a place to stay easier as we did not have too many options. I don't know what help I can be but if you have any questions feel free to ask.

Archived