Ruby - Question About Restaurants

dfen74

Hi. First time poster, love the site. We are cruising for the first time ever on Ruby, March 10-17.

My question is in regard to the MDR and speciality restaurants. Are we given the menu for the MDR for every night of the cruise when we board or is it posted daily? If we choose to eat at one or both of the speciality restaurants, ideally it would be the night with the least desirable selection in the MDR.

Thanks.

Dave

The menu is posted daily outside the dining rooms although you can find menus posted here on CC to look at. Princess has pretty much standard 7-, 10-, 14-, etc. day menus that change only slightly depending on where in the world you're cruising. Once onboard, you can ask to see the next night's menu.

Specialyt rest`s fill up fast, be sure to book early.

Have NEVER seen a full specialty restaurant. You can easily book the same day you choose to eat there.

Don't fall prey to everyones sense of urgency for everything on the ship, such as Chef's Table, UST, Balcony dining, Sanctuary, specialty restaurants. Chances are you will be able to do everything you want without a problem. :)

Some folks are such alarmists on here making it sound like if you are not among the first 10 folks on the ship, and running to the Pursers Desk or calling the dine line, you will miss out on everything.

Have NEVER seen a full specialty restaurant. You can easily book the same day you choose to eat there.

Don't fall prey to everyones sense of urgency for everything on the ship, such as Chef's Table, UST, Balcony dining, Sanctuary, specialty restaurants. Chances are you will be able to do everything you want without a problem. :)

Some folks are such alarmists on here making it sound like if you are not among the first 10 folks on the ship, and running to the Pursers Desk or calling the dine line, you will miss out on everything.

I would not wait until the last minute as this poster suggests. My understanding is that they are booked, but not full. We were on Ruby (Mar 11-18, 2012) and went to the steakhouse. I asked the head waiter if they were slow that night because there were so many empty tables. He said "Oh, no. We are completely booked tonight." I guess they have a certain number of waiters and make sure they are not over-burdened, so that the service they give is impeccable. Our experience in Ruby's Crown Grill was the best service that I've had in any restaurant ever. The food was excellent too! We booked in person the day we embarked, and a slot wasn't available until the second formal night for our dinner. :) If there is a wedding aboard, the wedding party will frequently book out the entire restaurant for their reception. :eek: Our first choice of nights was full due to a reception.

Archived