Riviera Deck Cabins

hawkers

From our experience, we have had NO noise at all for this deck and it is our favourite deck!

2 out of our 3 sailings we have had a cabin on Riviera Deck 12 and have our favorite one there on our next cruise!

Go deck 12.....................

but please keep it a secret because we want OUR cabin to be available whenever we sail.....................ROFL!

If you don't like smoke aroma, avoid the smokers side as it wafts down the corridor and hits you when you exit onto the deck.....sorry smokers.

Now you have me thinking! Excuse my ignorance but is it port or starboard to avoid the smoke aroma?

Add me as a fan of Riviera Deck.

Balcony cabins have absolutely no problems with noise from above. Proximity to pool area (via two sets of doors, is especially useful + there is a handy bar there:D `we had R348 (second Cabin along)...had the choice of R350 but it is neighboring the public loos....the people in R350 that we spoke with however had no problems.

Interesting to note that after the Sun P has her Refurb in mid 2013, the Riviera balcony cabins will be reclassified. At the moment they are BA, but afterward they will be BC... means they will be cheaper, and for me very good value.

Cheers

Add me as a fan of Riviera Deck.

Balcony cabins have absolutely no problems with noise from above. Proximity to pool area (via two sets of doors, is especially useful + there is a handy bar there:D `we had R348 (second Cabin along)...had the choice of R350 but it is neighboring the public loos....the people in R350 that we spoke with however had no problems.

Interesting to note that after the Sun P has her Refurb in mid 2013, the Riviera balcony cabins will be reclassified. At the moment they are BA, but afterward they will be BC... means they will be cheaper, and for me very good value.

Cheers

So you were portside? Did you also note the smoke when coming out on deck?

So you were portside? Did you also note the smoke when coming out on deck?

To me no problem...its an open deck with a bit of a breeze. Shirley used to smoke when we last cruised on Sun P, so she found it convenient to catch up with her "cancer stick" buddies.

It should not be a problem for non smokers but if you have concerns get a cabin Starboard, or you can easily cross over in the lift lobby. Either way these cabins are in a great position.

cheers

I had an inside R330 on Sun Princess, it was only a 2 nighter but it was really noisy and if I had of been on a longer cruise I would have asked to be moved.

Oh no! Was it noise from the buffet above do you think? We too were considering an inside cabin.....maybe not!

Oh no! Was it noise from the buffet above do you think? We too were considering an inside cabin.....maybe not!

Yup, sounded like dishwashers going........all night long. Drone drone drone, clunk, drone drone drone, clunk, wssshhhhh, clunk, drone, drone, drone. LOL

When you look at the deck plan above the insides are right below the galley. The balcony cabins wouldn't have the issue.

Yup, sounded like dishwashers going........all night long. Drone drone drone, clunk, drone drone drone, clunk, wssshhhhh, clunk, drone, drone, drone. LOL

When you look at the deck plan above the insides are right below the galley. The balcony cabins wouldn't have the issue.

Absolutely right Deb...the inside cabins can be impacted from noise above, but balcony cabins are fine. I initially thought there might be some chair scraping noise, but no.... even the noise from the NYE party (after we left at 1.00am) was very muted and not intrusive.

cheers

Archived