Not The Normal Guarantee Dilemma....

swiddowson

:D Not The Normal Guarantee Dilemma....

My family and I are booked on the July 2 sailing of Maasdam. We have two guarantee cat A cabins. Rather than asking the normal guaranteed cabin question, “when will we be getting our stateroom assignment,” my question is….. Do you think our cabins will be next to or near each other?

Any other comments or info regarding Maasdam, guarantee cabins, cat A’s or there sister cabins B, BB, and BC or her Canada / New England itinerary will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Seth

Given the physical layout of Navigation Deck and the number of Category "A" cabins on it, the only way you would not be reasonably close to each other is if one cabin is on port and the other starboard side. There is no center companionway on Maasdam so you would have to go all the way aft in order to go from port to starboard (or reverse).

There are only ten category "A" cabins on each side so if you had the furthest aft and the others in your party had the one which is the most forward, there would only be nine cabins separating you.

All of the various "B" category cabins are identical to the "A". Location /deck is the only difference.

Since it appears there are only about 20 of that category, you wouldn't be too far apart if not together. There are 2 cabins on each side that are connecting and if those weren't booked by anyone, I would think they might assign them to you. In any case, you'll have a wonderful cruise with HAL. Bon Voyage!

Seth,

You might want to make certain that your two reservations are linked in the HAL system. I would think that would increase the chances of being assigned adjacent cabins. Your TA might even be able to note in the reservation that you would like adjacent or adjoining cabins.

Happy cruising,

Susan

Archived