9200 on Glory???

goober9

Has anyone stayed in room 9200 on the Glory? It is one of the new scenic oceanview rooms. We have it booked for our New Year's cruise and it looks nice. Just wondering if the rocking was bad being up front and so high. Thank you for your help!

I got it for January.

You will have to wait and see.

If you hit rough waters you will feel the brunt of the motion being so far forward.

I look forward to hearing about your cabin when you get back.

how many people in your party

I hope it still has the new smell--;pl

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=28373379&postcount=18

I got it for January.

You will have to wait and see.

If you hit rough waters you will feel the brunt of the motion being so far forward.

I look forward to hearing about your cabin when you get back.

how many people in your party

I hope it still has the new smell--;pl

There are just 2 of us...my husband and I. When I called to switch to this room the lady told me it was for 4 people and I asked if we could still havei t and she said that was fine.

We just got back from a cruise on the Liberty, a sister ship to the Glory. We had cabin 9210, which is 3 cabins down from 9200 (on the port side, it was 9200, 9206, and 9210). We didn't have a problem with motion.

From our balcony, we could look directly over to the balcony for 9200, and from deck 10 above, you could look directly down into the balcony for 9200, which was large and had kind of a square configuration. If this is the same cabin you are referring to, the balcony is situated atop the bridge, and it looked very intriguing, although not very private. The photo below has the balcony of 9200 and was taken from the balcony of 9210.

181819_4683814385293_1629924478_n.jpg

9200 doesnt have a balcony.

the Valor has this new cabin-- i dont think the liberty does..

but see the area that you thought was a balcony- theytook out that area and made the cabins larger-- the cabins go to the end of the "balcony"

but it will feel the same for motion though

9200 doesnt have a balcony.

the Valor has this new cabin-- i dont think the liberty does..

but see the area that you thought was a balcony- theytook out that area and made the cabins larger-- the cabins go to the end of the "balcony"

but it will feel the same for motion though

Oh, I see. Enclosing it would be better, I think, because the people in 9200 on the Liberty were out on their balcony a lot, and it just seemed like I was intruding on them, even though I was minding my own business on our balcony, LOL. Enclosing that area would make a lot of sense. Maybe since they did it on the Glory, they will do the same on the Liberty at some point. Thanks for the explanation. I wouldn't be afraid to be that far forward again--we kind of enjoyed it and were never bothered by any more motion than other cabins we have been in mid-ship or aft.

Lisa- here is what the new cabins look like: these are NOW scenic oceanviews

and that balcony is NOT a balcony but a very public deck-- you coulda went out there at any time. (especially when entering a port or if you were on the wrong side facingthe port

Lisa- here is what the new cabins look like: these are NOW scenic oceanviews

and that balcony is NOT a balcony but a very public deck-- you coulda went out there at any time. (especially when entering a port or if you were on the wrong side facingthe port

I had to look this up to make sure I wasn't going crazy because on the Liberty last week, I walked through the 2 sets of doors and went out on the walkway where the 4J cabins look out, what I think is the so-called "secret deck," but the area I posted a picture of was something else entirely, and I was pretty sure it was a private balcony, so I looked up the cabin descriptions, and I now see that the Liberty is laid out totally different from the Glory in this area:

Liberty

Cabin 9200 CS 500/150 sq ft

Beds: twin/king-single sofabed-1 lower pullman-1 upper pullman

View: window and large balcony connecting balconies: no

Bedroom Area: twin/king; flat screen TV; walk-in closet wardrobe; full bath with whirlpool tub (with hand held shower spray); safe; hair dryer; telephone

Living Area: L-shaped sofa (single sofabed), coffee table and 2 arm chairs; flat screen TV; sofa table and 2 chairs; 1 lower pullman/1 upper pullman; minibar; telephone; 110 AC current; individual climate control; full bathroom with shower

****Balcony: 3 patio chairs and table; the rail has a solid steel panel rail; therefore, view is completely obstructed when sitting.

Smoking permitted on balcony only (effective 12/01/11)

--I looked up the deck plans, and I see that 9200 is front-facing on the Glory, but side facing on the Liberty. I had no idea they were so different. Actually, it looks like where 9200 is on the Liberty is 9202 on the Glory, but on the Glory it is the captain's suite. Go figure!

--BTW, those pictures of the new scenic oceanviews on the Glory look fantastic!! We are seriously considering the Glory for our next cruise, and I'd be tempted to try one of these, but will they bump you if you're just a couple (since it will accommodate 4)?

9201 is for'two,people.

i had a hard time booking 9200 for 3 people and got a three way with the agent and carnival.

was kinda pi$$ed because you read here that 2 people booked premium cabins made for 4 people all the time... i think its my turn. was ticked that rules are made for some but not all. got my way and got three of us in there.

these cabins are also on the valor

yes, 9202 is a captain suite....google that room----amazing but i was ready to shell out almost 7000 for three people'for a 6 day to canada

Archived