Celebrity brides?

CCMS14

I'm a Quasi Celebrity bride. We got married in San Juan on departure day before boarding the Celebrity Summit on December 15, 2012. So I can't really comment on anything to do with a wedding on board.

I can say that we booked dinner in the specialty restaurant (Normandie) for that night (embarkation), and it didn't go well. I don't recommend the Normandie for a large group (we had 19). It's just not set up for groups, I guess. The food was good, but painfully slow. As in 45 mins to an hour for the first course, and another 45 minutes for the second course. They had called me earlier that day, and asked if we could start dinner at 6, instead of 6:30 because if the lifeboat drill at 7:45. We said no problem. But at 7:45 we still had no entrees, and one of our three tables had just received the second course. Aside from the extremely slow service, it was also a bit inconsistent between the three tables as to what was offered and when. Anyway, I wasn't very happy with it. I wish we had just stayed in the main dining room. It's a big surcharge for such a bad experience. I can add more, but just trust me it wasn't good.

But aside from that, our wedding in San Juan was great. I do recommend the Marriott Courtyard Isla Verde for the wedding if anyone is interested in that option. It was very nice, and overall everything turned out really well. :)

I'm a Quasi Celebrity bride. We got married in San Juan on departure day before boarding the Celebrity Summit on December 15, 2012. So I can't really comment on anything to do with a wedding on board.

I can say that we booked dinner in the specialty restaurant (Normandie) for that night (embarkation), and it didn't go well. I don't recommend the Normandie for a large group (we had 19). It's just not set up for groups, I guess. The food was good, but painfully slow. As in 45 mins to an hour for the first course, and another 45 minutes for the second course. They had called me earlier that day, and asked if we could start dinner at 6, instead of 6:30 because if the lifeboat drill at 7:45. We said no problem. But at 7:45 we still had no entrees, and one of our three tables had just received the second course. Aside from the extremely slow service, it was also a bit inconsistent between the three tables as to what was offered and when. Anyway, I wasn't very happy with it. I wish we had just stayed in the main dining room. It's a big surcharge for such a bad experience. I can add more, but just trust me it wasn't good.

But aside from that, our wedding in San Juan was great. I do recommend the Marriott Courtyard Isla Verde for the wedding if anyone is interested in that option. It was very nice, and overall everything turned out really well. :)

Thank you for the honest feed back! Do you think part of the problem was just the restaurant itself? Like the size of it? I am hoping that we would be on an S class ship and use the Tuscan grille?

I think it was more that the Restaurant just doesn't handle large tables well. We had three tables, and each was served separately (not as one large group), and even with that it seemed difficult for them. I don't think the kitchen was able to handle it well. Don't know why considering that cruise ships handle huge numbers everyday, but for some reason this restaurant wasn't prepared for it.

I think it was more that the Restaurant just doesn't handle large tables well. We had three tables, and each was served separately (not as one large group), and even with that it seemed difficult for them. I don't think the kitchen was able to handle it well. Don't know why considering that cruise ships handle huge numbers everyday, but for some reason this restaurant wasn't prepared for it.

Thank you for the insight. Will definitely be avoiding murano and sticking with Tuscan.

Archived