Cruise hotels in New Orleans

CarribeanDiva

GREAT is subjective. The best deal I know of is Quality Inn on Westbank, $129 and it includes a full breakfast and parking up to 2 weeks and shuttle both directions for 2 people.

The breakfast was grits, bacon, real eggs scrambled (not powdered like on Carnival's buffet which I wouldnt eat), and good OJ and good coffee and some kind of rolls. I saw it two other times, bacon one time and one time they did sausage patties. I prefer the bacon which was perfectly cooked.

I dont consider Westbank to be a geat area, but that's just my opinion, but I could not beat this price including parking and shuttle both ways and I had a good room with free internet.

• 2 weeks later...
GREAT is subjective. The best deal I know of is Quality Inn on Westbank, $129 and it includes a full breakfast and parking up to 2 weeks and shuttle both directions for 2 people.

The breakfast was grits, bacon, real eggs scrambled (not powdered like on Carnival's buffet which I wouldnt eat), and good OJ and good coffee and some kind of rolls. I saw it two other times, bacon one time and one time they did sausage patties. I prefer the bacon which was perfectly cooked.

I dont consider Westbank to be a geat area, but that's just my opinion, but I could not beat this price including parking and shuttle both ways and I had a good room with free internet.

This is where I stay when I cruise. You really can't beat it. When I came in December for a cruise the Saints were playing and they had .35 cent wings & $2 drafts in the restaurant. My room was clean & great internet connection. It is an older place, but it was clean & the staff was great.

Recently stayed at the Holiday Inn in Metairie. It cost $190 but gave me free shuttle to/from the port, free parking, full breakfast and two free cocktails. Check stay123 website for any special deals. The availability and cost depends on whether there are any N.O events/festivals going on. In April, we have to stay in Slidell since we are competing with the French Quarter Music Festival.

• 3 weeks later...
We were thinking of staying in Metarie at one of the Marriotts as I want to use points. Thinking of parking all week in long term parking at the airport. Thoughts on this?

Would suggest using Fulton Place Garage, It is located very near the port terminals and with very fast and efficient shuttle service. I've used them three times and always been on the road within 15 minutes of leaving the terminal plus the rate will be considerably less than parking at MSY when you add the transportation to and from the port. PS: If you decided to use the Airport Park and Cruise site -- they also will direct you to Fulton Place, but at a higher price.

We are staying at the Blake Hotel. Hotel is only $79 per night with their cruise parking package (and that is cheaper than their regular rate!) which makes up for the $10 per day fee for parking. It is near the French Quarter and close to food! They also have a shuttle to and from the terminal!

We are staying at the Blake Hotel. Hotel is only $79 per night with their cruise parking package (and that is cheaper than their regular rate!) which makes up for the $10 per day fee for parking. It is near the French Quarter and close to food! They also have a shuttle to and from the terminal!

Who did you get that rate from?

We are looking to stay at the Super 8 (there is only one in New Orleans area). The price is $69 which includes breakfast and parking for your cruise. It does not include shuttle, but when doing the math it is still cheaper to pay for a shuttle to the port. I called the hotel directly to book. The reviews on tripadvisor are very good.

• 2 weeks later...

This is just too weird - - - we are also booked at the Super 8 - (the one on Chef Menteur) - - - you are from Morris, MN and we are from Ortonville, MN!! We have stayed there before - decent place but location just okay. We will be driving and have already booked parking! Small world . . . . .

Hi Peeps,

Well we are going in September on the Conquest so I have been calling around and this is what I have found so far:

Quality Inn Gretna, LA 139.00 + tax and includes parking for cruise 20 minutes from port

Blake Hotel 119.00 plus 10.00 night parking off site.....

La Quinta in New Orleans no availability or cruise package

Drury Inn No cruise package and 119.00 + tax with 25.00 nite parking off site

Country Inn 108.58 with tax plus 28.00 to leave your car but not for length of cruise just the night you stay

Hampton Inn Convention Center 129.00 + tax and 14.00 a day parking charge

So any further help with hotel would be appreciated....

Kathy

• 5 months later...

When you say shuttle to and from the terminal, you are talking about the cruise terminal right? (Not the airport terminal correct?) Is this shuttle free?

Thanks in advance. :)

When you say shuttle to and from the terminal, you are talking about the cruise terminal right? (Not the airport terminal correct?) Is this shuttle free?

Thanks in advance. :)

The Blake is a good hotel on St Charles street car line. They use Fulton Place Parking Garage for cruise parking (they have a special rate). Fulton Place Shuttles are the ones that will transport you to the cruise terminal.

The Blake is a good hotel on St Charles street car line. They use Fulton Place Parking Garage for cruise parking (they have a special rate). Fulton Place Shuttles are the ones that will transport you to the cruise terminal.

I don't think I would want to take the street car to the port with all the luggage, carry-on, soda and a 5 year old. So that's out of the question.

We are also flying in, so no car to park. Will this Fulton Place Parking Garage still shuttle you if you are staying at The Blake? What does it cost and how far is it from The Blake?

Sorry mitsugirly, I misunderstood. I thought you were looking for Cruise Package which normally means parking. I suggest calling the Blake to see if they will provide transportation, other wise a taxi will get you there from any hotel. I no of no shuttle service between the airport and downtown. If your flying in and out just for the cruise you may wish to just get a hotel near the airport that offers a shuttle. Then take a taxi to and from the cruise terminal.

We ended up getting reservations at holiday inn super dome not the cheapest but close and can leave car there and they take us to ship. Staying there a couple days after cruise an requested early check in on morning ship returns.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Forums mobile app

• 2 weeks later...

I just spoke to them at the hotel and they said that the parking garage is five blocks away. Did you walk to the garage the morning of departure and catch the shuttle from there?

Also, do they offer a free breakfast w/your stay?

Archived