Important Post Re: Last Post On Hubs' Birth Certificate

I have it in front of me, and it says "State Department of Health, State of Oklahoma", etc., on the bottom, with a statement that says, "I hereby certify the foregoing to be a true and correct copy, original of which is on file in this office. In testimony whereof, I have hereunto subscribed my name and caused the official seal to be affixed, at Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, this date: June 24, 1999."

Then on the right side of the bottom, it says, "Certified copy must be validated in three colors", then it has a stamp with the Oklahoma state seal (not raised) in three colors with a signature by the State Registrar of Vital Statistics.

Therefore, I don't think this wa sissued by the hospital. Is this still acceptable? Please let me know.

It sure sounds like the state issued birth certificate, not all states use a raised seal. If it was issued by the state, it is official, every state uses a different certificate. This will probably be fine for your cruise now, when you get home, it's time to work on the passport!

I have it in front of me, and it says "State Department of Health, State of Oklahoma", etc., ...

Therefore, I don't think this wa sissued by the hospital. Is this still acceptable? Please let me know.

If that's what it says, then you already have your certified copy in your hand. Enjoy your cruise.

Archived