ES/IS/Upgrade

angel24_ga

I booked ES rate 2 yrs ago. We have oceanview rooms. The new Instant Saver rate balcony is lower than what we paid for our OV cabin, Can we upgrade?

Also, what if some of our cabins aren't Early saver rates. I know we can't price match for OV but could we still upgrade to the lower priced balcony?

I booked ES rate 2 yrs ago. We have oceanview rooms. The new Instant Saver rate balcony is lower than what we paid for our OV cabin, Can we upgrade? As you booked ES well before Dec 2012, you should be able to upgrade -- you'll have to give up your assigned OV for a TBA Balcony in the guarantee "pool". You'll need to emphasize that you booked ES several years ago.

Also, what if some of our cabins aren't Early saver rates. I know we can't price match for OV but could we still upgrade to the lower priced balcony? You may have to call and try!

ken

I am waiting to hear back from my TA. She said Carnival tends to not like to allow current bookings the Instant Saver rates. Kinda like they are only good for new bookings...

Fingers crossed. The current balcony rate is 200 less than what we paid for ocean view and the oceanview is 500 less than what we paid :eek:

I am waiting to hear back from my TA. She said Carnival tends to not like to allow current bookings the Instant Saver rates. Kinda like they are only good for new bookings...

Fingers crossed. The current balcony rate is 200 less than what we paid for ocean view and the oceanview is 500 less than what we paid :eek:

The new rules specifically indicate that ES bookings from pre DEC 2012 can price-match to Instant Saver and Super Saver by giving up their assigned cabins for a TBA cabin. ken

The new rules specifically indicate that ES bookings from pre DEC 2012 can price-match to Instant Saver and Super Saver by giving up their assigned cabins for a TBA cabin. ken

Yep this is the case...I called to see if I could price match, because I booked Early Saver way back in May, and the rep told me I could and to go ahead and fill out the Price Protection Form. I did and got a response telling me that I would have to be willing to give up my cabin. We chose Not to do it, because we picked our cabin because it is the one we wanted, and were not willing to take the chance we would get a cabin we didn't like.

Archived