When is Captains & Past Cruiser Party on Elation

charyoung

The Captain's Party and formal night are held on the second night on board.

The Past Guest Party is held on different nights on each cruise. The CD on my last cruise said that on each sailing, the CD looks at the list of past guests, and then decides which night and which lounge to hold the party in. Times also vary. It won't be announced in the Capers; you won't know for sure until you receive your invitation. Don't miss it - very nice little party!:)

and the Past Guest Party was on Wednesday, May 11th at 7:15pm:)

that would truly suck if I was able to go to that party and it was held during the dining time for early diners. That was sooo unfair.

Serene, on my 2003 Holiday cruise, that's exactly what happened. I had early dining at 6:15, and the party was held at 7:15.:o I refused to 'rush' through my meal, so by the time I finished dinner and got to the party, it was almost over. No fair.

Who schedules those parties? and who would you complain to. THe past cruise on the Miracle it was held I think at 4pm. Didnt make it to that one either for what ever reason.. (maybe it was a port day)

The CD schedules the parties. I've said on a few other posts that I talked to two different CDs on cruises, and have asked about the parties. Was told by both that they check the past guest passenger list, and that determines which lounge (size) the party will be held in. Then they just pick a time that would be most convenient (haha,not) for all dining times. They said there's never a perfect time to accommodate or please everybody.??? The one I went to on Sensation was at 4:30 pm, a little early for me, but I went anyway.:)

4:30 is a good time but dont have them on port days-- especially of we jsut left the port half hour ago. I did manage to make it to only one past guest party. My son was on the Inspiration last week and went to that one. He said a new ship was being built for 2007 and it was massive.

Do you know what class ship the Freedom will be? he didnt pay attention.

Archived