Voyager of the Seas Picture Review Dec 2012 Australia & New Zealand Cruise

Amazing review. Thank you for taking the time and effort. I'm particularly enjoying looking at your menus and food pics. If they haven't change the menu by the time I sail in November, I'll know exactly what to order even before I get on the ship. :-)

I mentioned to my husband that it is perfectly alright to order more than a dish from each course as stated so we can sample them but he's not convinced. He thinks we will be wasting food if we can't finish what we ordered and it will look bad on us.

The line to enter the MDR (Deck 3) for lunch! Busy, busy.

n88rr.jpg

I hope that was a 'one off' line as if it was like that all the time quite frankly that is pretty p*ss poor (as we say down here). I have never been on a ship where their was a queue to go to lunch/dinner/breakfast with allocated seats....

Amazing review. Thank you for taking the time and effort. I'm particularly enjoying looking at your menus and food pics. If they haven't change the menu by the time I sail in November, I'll know exactly what to order even before I get on the ship. :-)

I mentioned to my husband that it is perfectly alright to order more than a dish from each course as stated so we can sample them but he's not convinced. He thinks we will be wasting food if we can't finish what we ordered and it will look bad on us.

Absolutely no reason to think that it would look bad on you, if you can't finish all the food you ordered. My family has 4 of us with 2 kids, 6 and 7. My wife and kids are smallish and I don't consider myself fat. We definitely did not finish all the food we ordered.

If you want to discuss this further, maybe drop me an email at iluvcruisingsingapore@gmail.com

Happy to share our experiences.

I hope that was a 'one off' line as if it was like that all the time quite frankly that is pretty p*ss poor (as we say down here). I have never been on a ship where their was a queue to go to lunch/dinner/breakfast with allocated seats....

No allocated seats for lunch and breakfast for Royal Caribbean, dinner yes. No queues at dinner. Lunch, breakfast, it depends.

I am not familiar with the prices of Baileys so I don't know whether this is a good deal.

Shipboard currency is US Dollars.

2rzyjhh.jpg

Slightly better price can be had in Melbourne airport ( on a single bottle). At the duty free shop there a bottle of Baileys is AUD$29. A current rates that is S$37 and US$30. So the ship price is similar...remembering that if you buy on the ship it has to be packed into your checked luggage if you fly out elsewhere and not in hand luggage. If bought at the airport you can take it on in hand luggage as its after security.

Edited by 6andy6

Absolutely no reason to think that it would look bad on you, if you can't finish all the food you ordered.

It is definitely wasted, and it's also a matter of degrees between getting more than expected and not being able to finish all, and deliberately not intending to eat everything ordered.

Understandably, staff are not going to make a fuss and jeopardise their tip, but RCL like other lines do operate programs and attempt to reduce waste wherever possible.

It is definitely wasted, and it's also a matter of degrees between getting more than expected and not being able to finish all, and deliberately not intending to eat everything ordered.

Understandably, staff are not going to make a fuss and jeopardise their tip, but RCL like other lines do operate programs and attempt to reduce waste wherever possible.

I trust that you are a very happy cruiser and you will strive to enjoy your cruising vacation.

So will we. :)

Speaking of which, have you seen how much food they throw away in the galley and WJ after mealtimes?

The size of those dishes in the photos, I am guessing you often order entrees? If you have a taste and don't finish, you haven't left much in my opinion. If you don't like it you don't like it! I agree the WJ would have a bit left at the end, but the turnover during the meal time is pretty steady, so the percentage overall would be small.

I have asked for 3 of one entree I particularly liked one night as the serving was small and so I asked for 2 more and didn't have a main. They like you to have what you enjoy, so if you like something and want a second serve, don't hesitate to ask. The bulk prices they get the supplies at mean that the overall cost per head is a lot less than you might work out yourself.

You are there to enjoy, and there is lots of food to go around, so don't feel asking for more is going to look bad!