Eating at Galveston

T-N-C

I suggest Guido's or Casey's. Same resturaunt Guido's is the fancy side and Casey's is the casual side. Food is cooked in the same kitchen. We loved it and it is a local. It is on the seawall.

They are owned by the same family, however, they do not use the same kitchen. You cannot get the same food at Casey's that you get at Gaido's. Gaido's is definitely my favorite in Galveston and I love their shrimp bisque.

They are owned by the same family, however, they do not use the same kitchen. You cannot get the same food at Casey's that you get at Gaido's. Gaido's is definitely my favorite in Galveston and I love their shrimp bisque.[/quote

We were told they used the same kitchen. I wonder why they would lie about it? We were not dressed for Guido's so we went to Casey's and really liked it.

They are owned by the same family, however, they do not use the same kitchen. You cannot get the same food at Casey's that you get at Gaido's. Gaido's is definitely my favorite in Galveston and I love their shrimp bisque.[/quote

We were told they used the same kitchen. I wonder why they would lie about it? We were not dressed for Guido's so we went to Casey's and really liked it.

I don't know why they told you that...the food is good at Casey's too. But, there menus are different and you definitely can't get the shrimp bisque at Casey's. I had heard that too at one time, but talked to the manager and he said no...that they have two separate kitchens. We've been eating at Gaido's (and sometimes Casey's) for about 35 years! :eek: Casey's also used to be open for breakfast back in the day, but no more.

I too enjoy eating at Salt Grass however, it is a chain that you can find in many locations. You may want to consider some of the local restaurants previously mentioned instead.

We are heading to Galveston from central Texas tomorrow for a 1/5 cruise on Crown Princess and look forward to fresh seafood! (But we haven't yet decided where we'll eat either :p )

I too enjoy eating at Salt Grass however, it is a chain that you can find in many locations. You may want to consider some of the local restaurants previously mentioned instead.

We are heading to Galveston from central Texas tomorrow for a 1/5 cruise on Crown Princess and look forward to fresh seafood! (But we haven't yet decided where we'll eat either :p )

Rudi and Pacos

Gaidos

Saltwater Grill

Olympia Grill on Port

Gumbos

Pearl oyster bar

Shrimp and Stuff

Bennos

Thank you for the list, ssb; we'll have to try one of them!!

These are local.

Some have happy hour menus M-F 4-7

ask for special menus and some require sitting at bar.

Rudi and Pacos (no shorts except at bar) reservations recomended.

Landry's Restaurant Chain is nationwide

and in Galveston there are

Landry's

Fishtales

Fishermans Wharf

Willie G's

Bubba Gump's

The Steakhouse at San Luis Resort

SaltGrass Steakhouse

International House of Pancakes

Landry's company used to own Joe Crab Shack Chain,

but sold company,

there are two in Galveston

The Spot is known for hambugers and people watching

and also has separate big bar scene

Salt Grass is on Seawall Blvd and was one of the first restaurants open after Ike.

thanks. We ate there on 2 occasions and really enjoyed it. Did not know they were a chain as we don't have any in our area of country. Glad they recovered from Ike.....I knew it was a bad one.

thanks. We ate there on 2 occasions and really enjoyed it. Did not know they were a chain as we don't have any in our area of country. Glad they recovered from Ike.....I knew it was a bad one.

Yes and food is consistently good!

Anyone know if Salt Grass Steak house is still operating? We ate there before the major hurricane hit. It was fantastic and reasonable
It's still around but a chain. I can get that here in Colorado.

Shrimp and stuff looks like an interesting place. Already planned on hitting the Spot. Keep the ideas coming!

BonVoyage

Dawna

Archived