new to celebrity, few questions

xeena

I'm not certain this will always work. They only allow a fixed number of Select Dining spots on each sailing. If it was that easy to avoid paying gratuities pre-cruise, everyone would do it.

I got this information from a travel agent. We have B2B cruises on Royal for August, 2013 and scads of OBC. She advised us to wait until we board.

If you are Captains Club, you do have priority in the dining room, too.

If you're daring, like me, you could take more onboard.

We put 1 bottle in each piece of our luggage (4 pieces, 4 bottles), checked them and waited to see if they made it to the stateroom. Sure enough, they did without issue. One of the 4 was actually Rum, but the bottle looks enough like a wine bottle.

The bags go from curbside into those big "crates" and onto the ship. How would they know what you brought onboard? Do you think they unload those crates and scan and/or search all the luggage? I don't think they do, it would be nearly impossible. Additionally, even if they did, they would have to keep a list of nearly 1500 cabins and match it to each piece of luggage. If they did this, we might get our luggage by the second sea day.

I think the only danger is if a bottle broke.

Have fun!

Yes, they do scan ALL the bags. You were lucky that you got away with that bottle of rum. Anything suspicious in the bag will cause the bag to go to the "naughty" room. When your bag never arrives in your cabin, you'll be told to report there to identify and open your bag. This happened to a friend of mine who had a travel iron in her bag. She wasn't trying to sneak it onboard. She was not aware of the fact that they weren't permitted. Her iron was confiscated, and she had to go pick it up the last night of the cruise.

Yes, they do scan ALL the bags. You were lucky that you got away with that bottle of rum. Anything suspicious in the bag will cause the bag to go to the "naughty" room. When your bag never arrives in your cabin, you'll be told to report there to identify and open your bag. This happened to a friend of mine who had a travel iron in her bag. She wasn't trying to sneak it onboard. She was not aware of the fact that they weren't permitted. Her iron was confiscated, and she had to go pick it up the last night of the cruise.

I would have LOVE to have been there to watch them try and open my bags and or get the bottle out. We also had cans of pineapple and grapefruit. Anyway, I am usually lucky and I wouldn't have cared that much if we didn't get the bottle, in the end, I never opened it and gave it to our butler, lol, first time I never opened my bottle of rum on a cruise!

I got this information from a travel agent. We have B2B cruises on Royal for August, 2013 and scads of OBC. She advised us to wait until we board.

If you are Captains Club, you do have priority in the dining room, too.

What works on Royal might not work on Celebrity.

Everyone can be a member of Captain's Club after just one Celebrity cruise. On any sailing that's probably more than 50% of the ship! What kind of priority do you think that will give you?

You can see in the photo that his bow tie (and matching cummerbund not in the photo) are the Texas flag. If I could find one with his favorite baseball team's logo, he'd love it. See if you can find a bow tie and cummerbund with your DH's favorite sports team. Oh boy! do they want to wear those tuxes when it's a special bow tie and cummerbund!

handmadebygigi dot com

What works on Royal might not work on Celebrity.

Everyone can be a member of Captain's Club after just one Celebrity cruise. On any sailing that's probably more than 50% of the ship! What kind of priority do you think that will give you?

My cruise is on Royal. The poster I was replying to was sailing on Celebrity and Elite level does give you priority on MDR wait lists.

If they were Elite they would have known what I was talking about. If not, I hoped not to offend others.

My cruise is on Royal. The poster I was replying to was sailing on Celebrity and Elite level does give you priority on MDR wait lists.

If they were Elite they would have known what I was talking about. If not, I hoped not to offend others.

Sorry, I thought you meant that just being a Captain's Club member gave you priority for MDR waitlists.

I have another question and that is how about the internet and packages. Can anyone tell me the cost of package and are you able to use wifi in your cabin? We will be on the Solstice in March, in an Aqua cabin on deck 11.

Jennie

Archived