Aqua vs Concierge

woodscruise

Both Aqua and Concierge receive the same canapes in the afternoon. The tote bag is the same. In terms of toiletries, Aqua class also receives a "spa bag" which includes the lip balm which the suites receive (but Concierge does not). The robes are the same, but Aqua also receives slippers. Aqua Class also receives bottled water daily. There are also some other minor amenities, but in my opinion the most important reason to book Aqua Class is Blu. We much prefer Blu over the MDR; we prefer Blu's ambience, service and menus.

The biggest benefit and the only reason we book Aqua Claaa is being able to eat in Blu for breakfast and dinner. We really enjoy eating in Blu much more than the MDR. You also, in addition to what is mentioned above, get a different flavor tea each day and unlimited use of the Persiam Garden. Not a big deal for us, but again, for us Blu is worth the difference

From the Celebrity website:

In addition AquaClass staterooms include:

Services

A Personal Spa Concierge to arrange AquaSpa® treatments

Daily delivery of bottled water and tea

Dining

Exclusive access to Blu, a specialty restaurant featuring "clean cuisine" that also serves complimentary breakfast every day

Upgraded room service menu

Amenities

Complimentary access to the Persian Garden and Relaxation Room (Relaxation Room on Solstice Class only)

Aromatherapy diffuser

Pillow menu

Additional bathroom amenities, including shower gel, facial spray and lip balm

Plush Frette® bathrobes

Slippers

Oversized 100% cotton bath towels

On-demand wellness programming including meditation and yoga

Stateroom Features

Hansgrohe® shower panel

Fog-free mirror

In addition Concierge Class staterooms include:

Services

Priority check-in

Express luggage delivery

Personalized Concierge service

Priority disembarkation based on your travel needs

Complimentary shoeshine service

Access to the exclusive Concierge Class Pre-departure Lounge

Dining

Main and specialty restaurant seating time preferences

Expanded room service menu

Amenities

Welcome Blanc de Blancs sparkling wine with a commemorative label featuring exclusive art work from the ArtCenter/South Florida artists

Pillow menu to suit your sleeping preferences

Daily delivery of Afternoon Savories

Plush Frette® bathrobes

Fresh fruit

Fresh flowers

Custom-blended bath amenities

Personalized stationery

Use of binoculars and golf umbrella

Oversized 100% cotton bath towels

Extra handheld hair dryer

Celebrity tote bag

Stateroom Features

Hansgrohe® massaging showerhead

I agree about Blu. For me, its all about the maitre d. Much more personal there. In MDR I've never figured out what he does for us. In Blu he knew my name day 1 and told me interesting facts about my name I never knew. In terms of food, I think there's always a choice with 5 different main courses each night. You can always find something.

Btw, the tea was very good and we used the water in the port every day.

Both Aqua and Concierge receive the same canapes in the afternoon. The tote bag is the same. In terms of toiletries, Aqua class also receives a "spa bag" which includes the lip balm which the suites receive (but Concierge does not). The robes are the same, but Aqua also receives slippers. Aqua Class also receives bottled water daily. There are also some other minor amenities, but in my opinion the most important reason to book Aqua Class is Blu. We much prefer Blu over the MDR; we prefer Blu's ambience, service and menus.

The slippers, the lip balm (which I seem to have even though never have been in AQ) are a non issue, not interested in Blu as it is way too crowded and can't sit with our friends, never use the spa and will not pay for bottled water. Much prefer the Concierge cabin locations - never under the gym or buffet etc areas. Interesting how sometimes AQ is priced cheaper than CC:D:D Glad there are choices!

The slippers, the lip balm (which I seem to have even though never have been in AQ) are a non issue, not interested in Blu as it is way too crowded and can't sit with our friends, never use the spa and will not pay for bottled water. Much prefer the Concierge cabin locations - never under the gym or buffet etc areas. Interesting how sometimes AQ is priced cheaper than CC:D:D Glad there are choices!

Interested in your comments about BLU being crowded? We have done Aqua class on solstice class ships twice and experienced no crowding. It is anytime dining sounds like you have never done AQ but why the comment?

I am considering a South Pacific cruise next year and was wondering what the difference is between Aqua and Concierge, that is in ammendities.

What ship are you considering?

We are booked on Millennium for next fall back to back Hawaii to Singapore 35 days.

Our friends booked CC and we did like wise but after explaining to them about AQ they are considering changing to AQ. We have a room on hold waiting their decision.

The biggest item I explained to them would be eating in Blu for that length of cruise would be an advantage. We are looking at the new cabins on the 11th deck. Same price as C1 more expensive then C3 they are classed as A1.

We are both couples Elite.

What is Blu like on Millennium?

Booked AQ on our last TA. The only benefit we found useful was breakfast in Blu. We chose dinner in the MDR twice as frequently as Blu, due to more interesting menu choices. The maitre'd's were both positive, but different, as were servers. In the MDR, we were allowed to come to the fixed seating area from 30 to 45 minutes late and had the same excellent servers every night. In Blu we had different and quite variable servers at every meal.

Interested in your comments about BLU being crowded? We have done Aqua class on solstice class ships twice and experienced no crowding. It is anytime dining sounds like you have never done AQ but why the comment?

I was referring to the tables being jammed together and being crowded next to your neighbour. We do Traditional and the tables are farther apart. Just our preference. If we ever decided to cruise by ourselves we would do Specialty restaurants over Blu for the same reason.

IMG_0564.JPG

We were CC on the Summit last month and are trying Aqua for the first time in February on the Silhouette. Honestly, CC benefits are a bit hard to quantify. It's easy to list them; they're just rather ethereal. For example, the pillow menu--how much is that worth to you? A somewhat nicer shower head than a standard veranda cabin. Several things like that.

Aqua has its share of ethereal benefits, but has some very tangible ones as well. In-room water (worth an easily-calculated amount, not much but something). Persian Gardens access (you can check on-board what a pass would cost). Blu--not available for a charge outside of Aqua/Suits, but worth a lot to many people who report back about it.

On Millennium-class ships, CC cabins are a bit bigger, and that is worth something to me. I would book CC again on a Millennium-class. Probably not on an S-class. Depending on how we like Aqua, we may stick with that.

Archived