Deposits, Payments and Getting My Money Back

sjmbruce

I am thinking about putting a deposit down for a Hawaii cruise in April 2016.

1. How do payments work - how often will I need to send NCL money?

2. If I decide in March 2013 that I made a huge mistake, will I get 100% of my deposit back?

3. Will I always be able to get a full refund? If not, what will my refund look like?

This is only my second cruise, and my first with NCL. Thanks for any input, including where to find this information on NCL websites!

I am thinking about putting a deposit down for a Hawaii cruise in April 2016.

1. How do payments work - how often will I need to send NCL money?

2. If I decide in March 2013 that I made a huge mistake, will I get 100% of my deposit back?

3. Will I always be able to get a full refund? If not, what will my refund look like?

This is only my second cruise, and my first with NCL. Thanks for any input, including where to find this information on NCL websites!

There is a first time deposit depending on when you are going/size of room i think- start to play around with the reservation and it will tell you when the deposit is due- you can generally get a 24 hour "hold"

typically, your final payment is due around 75 days before sailing- up to then you can get your deposit back after that it is a sliding scale.

Also, in case this was part of your question.... you don't really HAVE to make any payments other than the initial deposit and the final payment. You do not have to make regular payments in between unless you decide to do so to help you with budgeting. You make a deposit to hold your reservation and you pay it off (the full remaining balance due) by final payment due date. The rest is up to you.

Thanks for those links ....very useful. Ken

You're welcome. However, I can't swear that those terms and conditions apply to anyone outside of the U.S. Booking in Europe might involve a different set of terms.

Anybody from Europe (or elsewhere), confirm?

Archived