Keeping Up Appearances

TheOldBear

The show's producer and director, Harold Snoad, wrote a book entitiled: "It's Bouquet, not Bucket!" The chapter about the taping of the episode on board the QE2 will be of particular interest to members of this forum. The book was easily available by mail-order in Canada, so it should be available in the USA.

We had a "Keeping Up Appearances" marathon last Saturday evening on our PBS station. One of them was the one of Daisy and Onslo winning the trip and Hyacinth thinking they were stow aways. Her outfits were hilarious and I was glad to see the rest of the people in "normal" outfits. My husband and I are thinking of crossing on the QM2 in August before we start a British Isles tour. I would certainly not even thing of doing it if I had to dress up like Hyacinth lol. Would you believe I have a sister that is the same with her name pronouncing as Hyacinth is with "bucket" I don't really much of her as she is too snotty for me haha.

I bought a book for my husband years ago called "Keeping Up Appearances" Hyacinth Bucket's Book of Etiquette...For the Socially Less Fortunate. It was published by the BBC and was last published in 1997. It has pictures and all to go along with "Hyacinth" teaching you proper etiquette. It is very funny and worth reading!

Archived