Conquest Self-Serve Laundry

Yvonne

I think I read that the Conquest has self-serve laundry rooms on each stateroom floor, is this correct?

We have never done laundry on a ship before, but for various reasons we're going to need to this time.

When is the best time to do a load or 2? Sea days? Port days? Early morning? Late night?

What kind of change (quarters?) will we need for the machines?

Not specific to the Conquest, but we were on the Pride and I had to do laundry. I went around 2pm and was the only one there. I got a roll of quarters from the reception desk. I had exactly enough for soap, one load of wash, and two rounds of drying. It's like $3.00 for a wash or dry as I recall. but of course my figures don't match, do they? :) Well, that's close to what it was anyway.

I typically do one load of laundry on the cruise. Sea day early morning. Last time it was $3 per wash and $3 to dry. I bring my own detergent and dryer sheets. There will be many people in line so I make sure I hang around so that I free up the machines as quickly as possible for the next passenger to use. :)

I've done it on the first day of the 2nd segment of a back to back. Nobody else there, since it was first day of the cruise for most people.

Very early or very late is probably best. If you want to use the irons for Formal night, go early. There will be quite a wait as the afternoon progresses.

I think I read that the Conquest has self-serve laundry rooms on each stateroom floor, is this correct?

We have never done laundry on a ship before, but for various reasons we're going to need to this time.

When is the best time to do a load or 2? Sea days? Port days? Early morning? Late night?

What kind of change (quarters?) will we need for the machines?

Just got off the Conquest. There are at least 2 washers and at least 2 dryers in each of the rooms on 7,8 and 9. I was staying on 10 so I went to 9 and there was someone using both washers (this was right after returning from a port day), they were fixing the washers on 8 and then I finally got lucky and got an empty one on 7. The deck plan they give you when you check in shows you where they are located. $3 each (in quarters) for the washer and dryer.

We've sailed Conquest twice. We use the laundry facilities for the iron. Haven't used the machines, but they weren't used much when we were using the iron.

The facility locations on Conquest are:

Riviera Deck 1 midship across from 1357 and 1359

Main Deck 2 midship across from 2365 and 2367

Upper Deck 6 midship across from 6385 and 6387

Empress Deck 7 midship across from 7337 and 7339

Verandah Deck 8 midship across from 8349 and 8351

Lido Deck 9 midship across from 9268 and 9270

Archived