Parking - Fulton Garage

jlacy1987

Where is this lot located relative to the Port / Convention Center hotels? If they have the $14 covered, do they also offer the $8 rooftop option that some places have? Thanks for any other information you can provide.

Fulton Place Parking Parking Garage is located at 901 Convention Center Blvd. They have a great map on their website that shows where they are located in relation to the hotels and pier. Rooftop parking is $8.

http://www.fultonplaceparking.com

When I went to try to book online with one of these sites for the Fulton Garage, they were asking for my arrival and departure time. Do you know how particular they are on this, since we don't now precisely when we will be arriving in New Orleans? My plan is to probably stop at our hotel, drop off a few bags, and then head over to park. So if I get there +/- and hour to my scheduled check-in time, will that be a problem? And probably more importantly, if I end up being there an hour or so extra when we return from the cruise, will they want to charge us for a full extra day? What's a good safe time to assume pulling out of there after returning to NOLA - I was thinking no later than 10:00 am?

Thanks!

WOW!! If you left at any point within the last week or so I'd be willing to bet that they started price gouging due to the SuperBowl being in town because the garage is located right across from where the convention center (NFL Experience). The price gouging downtown was utterly ridiculous, I would've let you park at my place free of charge if I'd known, I'm always at the port every weekend. I just new some problems would arise when I saw how full the Whale lot was (it's usually never full). Sigh, just a shame.

Thanks CMPO.

They said that they could get a great deal more than $12 per day during Super Bowl week. I booked weeks in advance and they could have easily phoned/e-mailed to cancel my reservation and even though they had already charged my credit card, I would at least been prepared. Showing up after that long drive only to be told that they changed their rates and they were not honoring my booking was a bit of a shock and a horrible way to start off our vacation.

I booked it on their web site (fulton street parking site).

Never again.

When I went to try to book online with one of these sites for the Fulton Garage, they were asking for my arrival and departure time. Do you know how particular they are on this, since we don't now precisely when we will be arriving in New Orleans? My plan is to probably stop at our hotel, drop off a few bags, and then head over to park. So if I get there +/- and hour to my scheduled check-in time, will that be a problem? And probably more importantly, if I end up being there an hour or so extra when we return from the cruise, will they want to charge us for a full extra day? What's a good safe time to assume pulling out of there after returning to NOLA - I was thinking no later than 10:00 am?

Thanks!

When I used them last year, they charged me for an extra day because they said I arrived too early. There is very little you can do. So I booked an extra day this time around, only for them to refuse to honor the paid booking when I showed up.

As I said in my last post: Never again.

I registered to share my experiences after returning from a cruise a couple of days ago.

I paid for cruise parking on their web site and after driving for 15 hours and parking at their garage, I was told they would not honor the reservation (even with my receipt). My choice was to pay more than double the daily rate or leave the garage. I found somewhere else to park, which was a major headache.

Mike, the rude manager, tried to scam us for more money, but we did not fall for it. They have not refunded the credit card charge, so now we have to chase down that refund. They are claiming that their web site is not theirs, but run by a third party.

I was waiting to see if someone posted about any issues with the Fulton Place Garage website booking. Here's what I learned a couple weeks ago:

Maurice who owns the website is no longer affiliated with the garage. He just sells space as a 3rd party vendor. So when you book on his site, you are not dealing with Garage. It is this person you need to get ahold of. Email him from the link on the Fulton Street Garage site.

I reserved in advance the last time I cruised with no problem. This time I noticed the site charges 8 days versus 7 for the cruise duration. The other sites don't do that (but charge a service fee). I emailed Maurice and he responded saying the Garage doesn't go by 24 hr increments (although the site says it does and when you call they say you don't have to pay for the exit day). Maurice says it's 8 days.

So unfortuntely they did not honor your reservation but I think it's because they are having issues with the person who owns the website. They admitted to this when I called the garage (and spoke to the Manager who recommended booking on the other websites).

Hopefully you can get the charges reversed quickly.

I plan on paying when I get there and skip the reservation to avoid having to pay an extra day or service fee. I definately won't book on the fulton place parking website especially after reading your experience.

I was waiting to see if someone posted about any issues with the Fulton Place Garage website booking. Here's what I learned a couple weeks ago:

Maurice who owns the website is no longer affiliated with the garage. He just sells space as a 3rd party vendor. So when you book on his site, you are not dealing with Garage. It is this person you need to get ahold of. Email him from the link on the Fulton Street Garage site.

I reserved in advance the last time I cruised with no problem. This time I noticed the site charges 8 days versus 7 for the cruise duration. The other sites don't do that (but charge a service fee). I emailed Maurice and he responded saying the Garage doesn't go by 24 hr increments (although the site says it does and when you call they say you don't have to pay for the exit day). Maurice says it's 8 days.

So unfortuntely they did not honor your reservation but I think it's because they are having issues with the person who owns the website. They admitted to this when I called the garage (and spoke to the Manager who recommended booking on the other websites).

Hopefully you can get the charges reversed quickly.

I plan on paying when I get there and skip the reservation to avoid having to pay an extra day or service fee. I definately won't book on the fulton place parking website especially after reading your experience.

Now I'm confused and nervous! Which website is the bad one? I booked the Fulton garage on the http://www.neworleansparking.com website. I have a reservation receipt and a parking tag with that dates I paid for: Feb 23, 2013 2pm to Mar 3, 2013 12pm. Should I be ok, or should I be worried?

Now I'm confused and nervous! Which website is the bad one? I booked the Fulton garage on the www.neworleansparking.com website. I have a reservation receipt and a parking tag with that dates I paid for: Feb 23, 2013 2pm to Mar 3, 2013 12pm. Should I be ok, or should I be worried?

We booked thru the same company for the exact same dates! Keeping my fingers crossed that we both make it in! :eek:

Donna...we all know you cant possibly be that old LOL... and dang it we are gonna miss you in NOLA by 2 weeks.... hope you enjoy NCL...we are trying RCL this time ....any way maybe we will run across you guys on another one someday!

Steven & Brenda

Donna...we all know you cant possibly be that old LOL... and dang it we are gonna miss you in NOLA by 2 weeks.... hope you enjoy NCL...we are trying RCL this time ....any way maybe we will run across you guys on another one someday!

Steven & Brenda

LOL! Hard to believe isn't it! How was your Thanksgiving cruise? Did y'all wind up doing Banarama in Roatan? How was it. We have them booked along with snuba from Aquaroatan.

Have fun on your cruise! We are going to run into you again one of these days!

Me too!! Are you on the Conquest or Star? I love your screen name. I just celebrated my 29th for the 20th time!

Conquest. We are staying at the Hilton Riverside and planned to check in/drop off luggage then drive over to Fulton Garage and walk back to hotel. Plan on walking to the port also.

I will be celebrating my 29th for the 18th time! :D

Now I'm confused and nervous! Which website is the bad one? I booked the Fulton garage on the www.neworleansparking.com website. I have a reservation receipt and a parking tag with that dates I paid for: Feb 23, 2013 2pm to Mar 3, 2013 12pm. Should I be ok, or should I be worried?

You should be good. This site and the airport one are the ones recommended when I called the garage directly.

Donna... we had a great time @ Banarama even though the weather sucked that day... fantastic snorkeling, good food&drinks & played giant Jenga with some people from Germany that spoke only a few words of English....I think you will enjoy it!

TTY soon

Steven & Brenda.... sorry to all for posting in the wrong thread

100_0756A.jpg.ca4ace2bfb7b0f5b2b6f3d39eed423f4.jpg

You should be good. This site and the airport one are the ones recommended when I called the garage directly.

So use either neworleansparking.com or AirportParkingReservations.com and we should be fine? $8 for rooftop sounds good to me.

Archived