15th Anniversary Cruise - Millenium

gfromftlaud

Ok...I am so excited I could just burst!

To all of you traveling to Ft Laud have a safe hassle free flight/drive.

Our weather forecast calls for a gorgeous weekend, so be ready for fun in the sun!

Thanks to all who have kept this thread going.

Gary

I know I'm not gonna sleep tonight. Gotta finish packing and give myself a hair cut. I arrive in Ft Lauderale at 6:30 Friday evening! See you on the beach Saturday, or at the Coliseum, or on the ship.

-Chris in DC, Infinity cabin 2150

Off to Ft. Lauderdale this morning from Chicago . . . can't wait to get this vacation started! Looking forward to that welcoming champagne and then lots of mojitos (newly discovered - yuuuummm) and sun. There are 16 in our group from Chicago going on this cruise, but want to meet lots of new friends. See you all on board. Cabin 9129.

PS If it is Joan Rivers . . .I hope the staff of Celebrity is able to put a card table outside the theatre doors for Melissa to sell her mom's bedazzled eggs and wathes (last catty comment . . .at least on this thread).:rolleyes:

• 2 weeks later...

How was everyone's vacay??

We had a BLAST! booked the Freedom cruise 1/28/07....319 Days. We have decided only Atlantis cruises from now on.

Entertainment was great, Atlantis staff was amazing, and Inifnity was a great ship.

I am completely exhausted though. Never slept more than 2 hours a night, and never slept at all the night of the white party....I sure could use a vacation!

Any thoughts from anyone else?

Gary

Hey Gary, What a blast the whole week was. It was my third Atlantis cruise and quite possibly the best. Loved Charo and Joan. Cruise Director Damian and Captain Dimitri were dreamy. :) And Shann Carr and Miss Richfield and Dixie Longate and Flava and Matt Yee and Marty Thomas and all the Atlantis boys. The white party was off the hook. And the rainstorm during the Tropical party was wild!

I have no idea if we met last week or not. I must have talked to 250 guys. Hope we did. And I will see you on the Freedom in January.

-Chris in DC

It was my first cruise and what an indoctrination!!!! Had a great time. The Celebrity Infinity staff/crew could not have been any nicer or more accomodating. The Captain's decision to allow staff to party with the bois was very generous of him and staff showed their appreciation to cruisers. Atlantis staff were also fantastic. Malcolm did a great job. A special kudos goes to Infinity Cruise Director Damian - what a dreamboat - was a really good sport with all the hooting and hollering. He accepted his status as a "bear" graciously by posing with his shirt off with the bear statue at the pool much to the delight of all those present. :rolleyes: Can't decide what cruise to book next . . . tempted to do the one to the Caribbean again in one's year's time, but don't know. Been thinking of Hawaii, but have not heard good things about the ship's staff (all American) that are young and full of attitude giving bad service. Heard from a co-worker this line from a wiatress after asking 3 times for an iced tea - "I said I would get it for you - didn't I? - would never have heard that from a Celebrity Infinity staffer. Any advice boys?

Had a great time as well!

One thing that I did notice (which did not detract from the cruise experience at all) was how the Infinity is overdue for dry dock. It needs new carpet, paint and varnish. We gave it more than our share of wear and tear that week!

Can't decide what cruise to book next . . . tempted to do the one to the Caribbean again in one's year's time, but don't know. Been thinking of Hawaii, but have not heard good things about the ship's staff (all American) that are young and full of attitude giving bad service. Heard from a co-worker this line from a wiatress after asking 3 times for an iced tea - "I said I would get it for you - didn't I? - would never have heard that from a Celebrity Infinity staffer. Any advice boys?

dircw - glad you had a great time. If you saw any guys in cowboy hats from San Francisco, that was probably my posse.

Anyway - Rich Campbell (he runs Atlantis) specifically addressed the customer service concerns about NCL's US flagged ships in the Ask Atlantis session on our cruise. He is in touch with NCL and they are very aware of it. The Atlantis charter for Hawaii 2007 is a brand new ship and will have a new staff (I am told) trained at NCL's new boot camp in Maryland. NCL is working hard to shake out their employee training and quality problems from everything I can tell. For me, Hawaii leaves the Caribbean in the dust. They are beautiful, varied islands and a great culture to experience. I don't think you would regret it.

Archived