Just out of curiosity - Different prices for 3rd person ????

fayfam

Hi

Just wondering if there is a reason why NCL charge different prices for the 3rd person on different cruises. For example, we will be booking the Mexican Rivieria 7 night April 2014 & price is 349.00 however 7 night Pacific Coastal vary 299.00, 249.00 & 199.00.

There is probably a logical explanation/formula and I would love the NCL experts to shed some light on this for me. Thanks in advance.

Cheers

Kerry :)

Sometimes it relates to how soon the cruise is and how sold out it is. If they want to sell cabins they will lower the rate on the first two and raise the rate on the rest.

The two cruises you mention are not the same ship and the Mexician Riveria is done several times before the ship moves to another location.

The 5 day pacific coastal is a repositioning cruise done to move ships to Alaska - I would expect pricing to be a bit different for the two.

Where it gets REAL interesting is when the 3rd person price shows up as more than the 1st and 2nd person price! This has been known to happen when the ship is nearing total lifeboat capacity but with rooms still open.

It can also happen on sailings during spring break. They really don't want all the cabins maxed out.

Hi

Do you think the 6th April 2014 Mexican Rivieria will fall during Spring Break? I am not sure how long Spring Break is. Do you think this cruise will be popular for students/families at this time?

Thanks

Kerry :)

Archived