Altun Ha or Lamanai?

The Wizards of Waz

Lamanai is a complete adventure with the river trip to the ruins and the ruin tour. Altun Ha can be combined with another stop such as the Community Babboon Center. (If you've never shaken a monkey's hand, this is kind of great.)

If you want an expert's opinion, I suggest you call David Chan at Dave's Eco Tours. He'll be happy to talk to you whether you choose to use his services or not. You can get his contact information by going to his Trip Advisor Page.

After talking to David you will be in a better position to maximize your time on shore.

I'll be in Belize next week and visiting a Mayan ruin is tops on my list. After doing my research, I decided that going by riverboat would be the best experience. Has anyone done both of these tours? Which did you prefer?

I will be on the crown this February. Wenare taking the ships tour because of distance from the port. If you take the tour to Lamanai can you please report back here.have a great cruise.

Lamanai is incredible. We did it with belizecruiseexcursions. I know that many people insist on booking with the cruiseline, but I've never heard of anyone not making it back on time with an independent tour. Our guides kept a very close watch on the time the entire day - they are very aware of time.

Lamanai is incredible. We did it with belizecruiseexcursions. I know that many people insist on booking with the cruiseline, but I've never heard of anyone not making it back on time with an independent tour. Our guides kept a very close watch on the time the entire day - they are very aware of time.

Thanks for the info. Much appreciated.

lamanai, for sure. ive never been on a cruise to belize but have been there for a land vacation. i went to both altun ha and lamanai. altun ha is great, but is smaller and all in one area. lamanai is spread out and has more diverse structures, including one of the taller ones in belize. there's also some walking in the jungle involved which increases the chances of wildlife sightings. it was at lamanai that i saw my first howler monkey.

Archived