Emerald Princess and CC on the news

Shogun

The answer is mandatory HAZMAT suits for all, issued at embarkation. ;) On the Coral in October, I noticed that there were trash cans just inside the doors so one could open it with a paper towel in hand and then pitch it on the way out. (Of course, it seems one would have washed if a paper towel were part of the scenario.) This may be the case on other ships, but I just noticed it on the Coral for the first time.

If her husband Noro , why did she think it was OK to get food for her husband . Classic example of idiots trying to help a spouse who has Noro and spreads getting something to eat . They both should of been confined to there cabin .

If you think all occupants of a cabin should be confined if one

is sick, why don't you take this up with princess?

What good do is do to whine about a single case on an

internet forum?

I always wonder why they single out cruiselines in their headlines in cases like this.

As noted in this article 2 people died in Japan and more than a million cases are reported in the UK this season alone but the headline does not mention that.

I guess Cruiselines make better stories :(.

Theo

I think you are right!

If her husband Noro , why did she think it was OK to get food for her husband . Classic example of idiots trying to help a spouse who has Noro and spreads getting something to eat . They both should of been confined to there cabin .

Princess medical practice is to allow a person that shows no symptoms to leave the cabin. As one poster said, they do ask that the "healthy" person not use the buffet.

Hi All

Thought you would like this from a UK newspaper group,

“Booking a cruise is essentially buying a ticket for a plague ship lottery.”

And then there are five more reasons to give cruising a ‘wide berth’. These include points to the effect that you won’t see anything of the places you visit; you’ll travel in a hermetically sealed ‘pen’; you’ll ‘lose your status as an individual’; pollute the seas; and best of all, that ultimate hell, you’ll be ‘trapped with people who like cruises’.

I see CC also running this in UK as well

yours Shogun

We were also on this cruise as were my parents. My mom came down with Noro on the 21st and was quarantined until the evening of the 24th. She had no problem with the quarantine as she understood the reasons, however, while in quarantine they were not treated that well.

As someone else mentioned, when they ordered food it took several hours for it to be delivered. At one point they waited for over 2.5 hours for lunch. When she went to the medical center on the 24th to demand to be released an hour early so she could attend Christmas Eve dinner with the family she heard another passenger complain that his wife had to wait over 6 hours for her meal to be delivered.

They were also very strict about what could be ordered but were not consistent in what that would be. We ended up just ordering stuff and taking it to her because she was hungry and wanted yogurt and a banana to help with the lingering intestinal distress. They wouldn't let her order stuff that would actually help her feel better.

Also, the special cleaners only did one light cleaning and didn't come back after she felt better to do a more thorough cleaning. She was not impressed with how it was handled.

My family was with her and we had even shared beverages before she fell ill and all of us stayed healthy. We had no problem with the "code red" measures in place as it was not disruptive.

She did have Princess insurance and is now working with them to get her compensation but she really has no desire to cruise again on Princess.

Archived