Recent $50 coupon + $225 return promo?

kymbakitty

Just received a $50 coupon in the mail if we book cruise between now and 2/16/13, for 6 + night cruise.

Now, they knew our status when they sent this coupon. Our C&A #'s are in the label.

Because we are Emerald, we get a $225 booking discount on balcony or better.

I know it is only $50, but will RCI let us combine? We are booking an OS for $7k+, but I suppose that is not relevant. And yes, I feel like we have "You two are the ONLY ones that are actually paying that much for this cruise/that category" stamped on our foreheads. We'll have plenty of time to get over this feeling by the time of the cruise.

Dawn

Just received a $50 coupon in the mail if we book cruise between now and 2/16/13, for 6 + night cruise.

Now, they knew our status when they sent this coupon. Our C&A #'s are in the label.

I know it is only $50, but will RCI let us combine? We are booking an OS for $7k+, but I suppose that is not relevant. And yes, I feel like we have "You two are the ONLY ones that are actually paying that much for this cruise/that category" stamped on our foreheads. We'll have plenty of time to get over this feeling by the time of the cruise.

Dawn

The coupon should have some fine print with restrictions. I could be wrong, but I've not seen any promos lately that are combinable with other C&A benefits.

Emerald has a $225 balcony discount? Good to know!

That's what RCI told us (via email) and our TA that booked our cruise!

Emerald balcony discounts when booking more than 6 mo in advance:

$ 75 for sailings of 3-5 nights

$125 for sailings of 6-9 nights

$225 for sailings of 10+ nights

Dawn

Edited to correct 2/16.

You are thinking of a long cruise in a balcony or better (much, much better in your case:D). If it is less than 6 months in advance, so I think your Emerald discount would be $200. more than 6 months, $250. I do not know if you will also get to use the coupon. balcony discount does not combine with much (on board or Next cruise), but maybe you will be lucky.

now imagine you are an emerald on a budget thinking of a 6 night cruise in a cheap inside cabin...that $50 coupon might be the best deal you are offered on that cabin on that cruise.

I understand your point about the line knowing your status when they mailed the coupon, but they may not have known you'd select a balcony or a suite. still, I hope you get the extra $50.

Edited to correct 2/16.

You are thinking of a long cruise in a balcony or better (much, much better in your case:D). If it is less than 6 months in advance, so I think your Emerald discount would be $200. more than 6 months, $250. I do not know if you will also get to use the coupon. balcony discount does not combine with much (on board or Next cruise), but maybe you will be lucky.

now imagine you are an emerald on a budget thinking of a 6 night cruise in a cheap inside cabin...that $50 coupon might be the best deal you are offered on that cabin on that cruise.

I understand your point about the line knowing your status when they mailed the coupon, but they may not have known you'd select a balcony or a suite. still, I hope you get the extra $50.

Not sure where you get the $200 vs. $250 from. The previous post that broke down the Emerald Discounts for balcony cabins was spot on.

This cruise is for Oct 2013 in an OS and we are Emerald (Diamond after this cruise!).

That = $225.

But yes-you are correct. They would have no idea what type of cabin we would be selecting, so I can see a big NO to the additional $50.

Thanks....

Not sure where you get the $200 vs. $250 from. The previous post that broke down the Emerald Discounts for balcony cabins was spot on.

This cruise is for Oct 2013 in an OS and we are Emerald (Diamond after this cruise!).

That = $225.

But yes-you are correct. They would have no idea what type of cabin we would be selecting, so I can see a big NO to the additional $50.

Thanks....

sorry the 250 was a typo....I did mean 225.

Archived