Bus from Cannes to Nice to Monte Carlo

islandwoman

Our ship will be docked in Cannes. We'd like to travel by the scenic route to Nice and Monte Carlo and then return by train. Can someone please tell me how to get to the bus station from the cruise port of Cannes? Does anyone know the URL of an official bus transportation site where I can check schedules? (I'm googling and searching cruisecritic, but so far no luck).

• 3 weeks later...
Our ship will be docked in Cannes. We'd like to travel by the scenic route to Nice and Monte Carlo and then return by train. Can someone please tell me how to get to the bus station from the cruise port of Cannes? Does anyone know the URL of an official bus transportation site where I can check schedules? (I'm googling and searching cruisecritic, but so far no luck).

Sorry I can't help you much. We were in Cannes for a day in August...and we rented a car. The drive along the "scenic" route is actually not that difficult (LOTS of traffic lights though) and we moved at our own pace. Our ultimate goal was Eze, so we didn't get to Monte Carlo, but we certainly went through Nice and stopped on occasion for nice photo ops.

It might be a smidge more expense, and requires a bit of intestinal fortitude...but for us (we shared the rental with another couple) it was worth it. We found a car rental place (Mistral Location) that was less than a 10 minute walk from the spot where tenders drop you off.

Archived