Family Adventure on the AOS 12/2/12 with Pics!

Debitoo

I don't think so....I don't remember seeing one. To be honest, I covered it with a scarf because the light from the clock bothered me at night :o. We don't have iPhones so I really never looked at it! Sorry.

Debi - No worries! I appreciate you responding back.

Enjoy Alaska!!!!

Thanks for the kind words BonnieSte! We were not able to watch the sunset at dinner. We always did that before dinner from our balcony. The sun was down @ 5:30ish on this cruise. As for the shows, we never really checked the times of them. We were usually done with dinner by 8:30. I hope that helps. Next time we will plan our dinners around the shows......either eating later, like 8 to see the early show or eating at 6 or 6:30 to see the late show.

I hope this helped!

5:30 Sunsets on balcony! Yea :D Good to know. So I am hoping that if we eat at 6:00 we will have time for balcony sunset then dinner then a show. Sounds like that is squeezing it a bit but what the heck. Thank you so much~

5:30 Sunsets on balcony! Yea :D Good to know. So I am hoping that if we eat at 6:00 we will have time for balcony sunset then dinner then a show. Sounds like that is squeezing it a bit but what the heck. Thank you so much~

You're very welcome! I can't tell you how much I miss sitting on that balcony.........:( sniff...sniff...

I don't think so....I don't remember seeing one. To be honest, I covered it with a scarf because the light from the clock bothered me at night :o. We don't have iPhones so I really never looked at it! Sorry.

We were in a GS in 2011 and we wanted to use our iPod/phones through sound system and no there were no leads we asked the concierge and the room attendant but neither were able to get us any. We'll make sure for our trip in August we take what we need.

Thanks for the review, we made our final payment, printed our set sail passes and only have to wait another 86 days or so. Starting to get real excited!! we're doing the St Thomas, Aruba route though wish we could have done a B2B on this one and done them both. Barbados looked beautiful as did St Croix.

Thanks for the review, we made our final payment, printed our set sail passes and only have to wait another 86 days or so. Starting to get real excited!! we're doing the St Thomas, Aruba route though wish we could have done a B2B on this one and done them both. Barbados looked beautiful as did St Croix.

St Croix was my favorite. Even though we didn't get to tour the island....that beach day was perfect. It's exactly what I needed after traveling and jet lag. The catamaran on Barbados was the best way to end our island stops. Doesn't get any better than that! Enjoy the AOS. She's spectacular!

• 1 year later...

What a fantastic review, thank you so much for posting! It's particularly useful, as we'll be on Adventure two weeks from today (wheee!) and staying in 1578. We'll also be traveling with a family group of 20 with kids ranging from 2 to 17, so I was glad to see how the kids fared on your trip and excursions! All super-useful information for us, in other words.

I totally understand what you mean about it being port-intensive. That was my husband's (and my) only complaint about the itinerary when we booked it. He's wiped out from work. Our only other RC experience was back in 2010 when we did the Mexican Riviera itinerary out of L.A. and we only had three ports on a 7-day cruise- perfect! We've opted to only book three excursions on this trip and probably stay on-board in St. Maarten. I wasn't sure about St. Croix but based on your experience and advice I might make it a beach day! That looks terrific!

Cheers,

Amy

Loved your review!! We leave in 12 days and I am getting very excited! It's my 1st cruise and I expect it is going to be a very busy holiday! Just wondering if you noticed what the themed nights were while you were on the ship?!

Thanks in Advance,

Dylana from Canada

Loved your review!! We leave in 12 days and I am getting very excited! It's my 1st cruise and I expect it is going to be a very busy holiday! Just wondering if you noticed what the themed nights were while you were on the ship?!

Thanks in Advance,

Dylana from Canada

Sorry, I don't remember what the themed nights were. You will have a fantastic time. I LOVED this ship, crew, entertainment food...etc!