Early Saver & Interline ?

Almost Packed

Has anyone matched an interline rate with ES? Is it possible? The rules state any fare you qualify for. Just curious. What's your experience if you have done this?

Thanks,

http://www.carnival.com/legal/specials-terms-conditions.aspx

That is also available to the general public.

Early Saver price protection does not apply to Super Saver and Instant Saver fares, group rates, membership programs, charters, select promotional fares, travel agent rebates, or other travel agent promotions not offered by Carnival to the general public.

http://www.carnival.com/legal/specials-terms-conditions.aspx

That is also available to the general public.

okay, but the general public isn't able to book military rates...but that's allowed.

I question because one agent told me yes, it was a rate i qualified for, therefore I should be entitled to it. I turned in my request but was denied.

So it left me a bit confused.

I qualify for interline as well. According to my PVP, interline is not combinable with Early Saver. The advice he gave me was that if I wanted to secure a specific cabin before interline rates became available, to book it under a non-restrictive fare (even if the rate was higher at the time of booking because ultimately it would be changed once the interline rate became available).

Sure enough, interline has ALWAYS been lower than Early Saver or any other rate available (sometimes considerably lower) so this technique has worked. Only problem with it is that you can't do price drops after final payment. However, what I do to give me some wiggle room is that I book the absolute lowest category I'm comfortable with (6A) and then, if there are price drops inside final payment, I upgrade to a better category.

I qualify for interline as well. According to my PVP, interline is not combinable with Early Saver. The advice he gave me was that if I wanted to secure a specific cabin before interline rates became available, to book it under a non-restrictive fare (even if the rate was higher at the time of booking because ultimately it would be changed once the interline rate became available).

Sure enough, interline has ALWAYS been lower than Early Saver or any other rate available (sometimes considerably lower) so this technique has worked. Only problem with it is that you can't do price drops after final payment. However, what I do to give me some wiggle room is that I book the absolute lowest category I'm comfortable with (6A) and then, if there are price drops inside final payment, I upgrade to a better category.

thanks for the info....this cruise is the first cruise i have booked ES with. i have always done the interline rate.

Archived