Grandeur of the Seas?

Does anyone know if Grandeur of the Seas went into drydock after colliding with the pier in Costa Maya? I know they patched her which I found amazing.... She didn't look water safe at all... But now wonder if she's fixed or still sailing like that?

I'm pretty sure Grandeur hasn't had any time to be in dry dock -- She hasn't missed a scheduled cruise since the "incident" as far as I know.

According to the USCG Port State Information Exchange (PSIX) the Coast Guard inspected the ship on 4/19 in New Orleans, and again on 5/13 in Baltimore, with no deficiencies listed.

It sure looks ugly! But since it's above the water line, there shouldn't be a problem with speed or handling.

John

Yes, the photos are in my signature.... Makes it easier....lol...

So she's still sailing? Amazing.... yes, it's ugly but more importantly, to me, it seems risky to challenge the ocean with knowing all she's capable of.... I don't understand why they don't put her in drydock, fix it correctly versus taking a chance with passenger, crew and the ship itself... There's a break in her skin, her body and that always leaves a risk or a potential for an accident...

it has been reported that grandeur will be "stretched" next summer, and will sail until then ...

That would be really great news to me if it's true. I just booked a November 2006 Bermuda cruise on her from Baltimore as part of our winter vacation. I'd really love to sail a new and improved stretched Granduer as to sail her as a standard vision class ship.

We'll also be sailing Enchantment after her stretching this December.

There is no blank spot in the Grandeur's schedule for time to do a stretch next year. They are taking bookings for the entire year of 2006. The stretch would probably take a month in dry dock. Isn't that what it took to do the Enchantment? And wouldn't they do it in Europe? Maybe 2007 for the stretch?

Archived