Question for gbenjo!

Am boarding Voyager on Saturday, only trouble is, this is the first time I'll be travelling with my electric wheelchair. My question is, can I put my battery chargers in my checked luggage or do I have to bring them in my hand luggage?

Got a late enough boarding time as it is! so dont want any delays in getting on the ship because I've packed the chargers in the wrong case!

Cheers!

Am boarding Voyager on Saturday, only trouble is, this is the first time I'll be travelling with my electric wheelchair. My question is, can I put my battery chargers in my checked luggage or do I have to bring them in my hand luggage?

Got a late enough boarding time as it is! so dont want any delays in getting on the ship because I've packed the chargers in the wrong case!

Cheers!

Would this not be a question to ask RCI direct....given Gbenjo is only check in what he/she says or doesn't say can be overruled at the gangplank.

Just a thought...

Personally, although unlikely to happen, I would rather (if they are not to big) carry something like that just to ensure it doesn't disappear or go astray.....

Thanks 6andy6. I'm more worrying about, if I put them into my checked luggage and for some reason they get picked on as they go thru the xray machine, and I'm not there to explain. Whereas, if I have them with me in my hand luggage, I can explain if needed.

My chair did have a built-in charger, so only needed the cable, but that got fried and stopped working during a storm recently! Now need the 2 seperate chargers!

Cheers!

6andy6 is right it probably is a question for RCI but I can see no reason you could not check them in with your luggage if that is what you want to do. As long as they have a tag on them they would be like any other luggage. Make sure you use the wheelchair line which starts down near the entrance of the building and you will be straight through to check in. What time are you planning to check in? I will keep an eye out for you and say gidday if I can.

6andy6 is right it probably is a question for RCI but I can see no reason you could not check them in with your luggage if that is what you want to do. As long as they have a tag on them they would be like any other luggage. Make sure you use the wheelchair line which starts down near the entrance of the building and you will be straight through to check in. What time are you planning to check in? I will keep an eye out for you and say gidday if I can.

Thanks!

We've got a boarding time of 2.30pm (Deck 7) but if we can find a quiet moment at some point, we might try and get thru a bit earlier, just so we can use the lifts on the ship before the crowds.

Thanks!

We've got a boarding time of 2.30pm (Deck 7) but if we can find a quiet moment at some point, we might try and get thru a bit earlier, just so we can use the lifts on the ship before the crowds.

That should not be a problem. There is a dedicated "disabled " check in so you should be able to go through earlier (Check in starts at 11:30;);))

Thanks!

Is the dedicated "disabled" check-in something new? Dont remember there being one for our last cruise (Nov 2011) .... Just got my curiosity!!

Hopefully can get to say "Hi"!!

Yes it is. Makes things a whole lot easier and you can pretty much choose when you check in.

Hi Graham.

Missed you on 7th December.

Found the C&A and Suite Guest priority line much faster than Wheelchair.

Guess it depends on how many wheelchair people there are.

Try to catch you on Feb 1st.;)

Aussie Frequent floaters.

Archived