Info on Rhapsody Please

I am wondering if anyone can tell me the variety and frequency of organized activities on Rhapsody of the Seas? Do RCCL Cruise Directors do things similar as P&O with Trivia, Golf and other participation type events? Also, I believe on a 9 day cruise there are 2 Formal nights and probably an Island Night but do they also have (as with P&O) Country, Rock and Roll and Pirate Nights, and if so would they have all of these? Thanks if anyone has this info. I am trying to decide what I should pack for these nights. :confused:

Hi

I have not yet been on the Rhapsody but on the Radiance we had Trivia at least 2 a day morning or afternoon and then 1 before 2nd seating for dinner. We did have island night after we had been to Vila, bingo, belly busting competition and an adult audience participation show (very funny).

Tania

Yes there are various activities, formal nights and parties on Rhapsody.

On our 12 night cruise in Oct/Nov we had 70s, 80s, 90s and rock n roll nights. The Cruise Directors crew dressed up as Village People and did all the popular songs. There is bingo, trivia etc and the CD and Activities Manager also produce a TV show which runs from early in the morning each day. Our cruise was during Halloween and the CD crew and many passengers dressed up for that - a competition was held. You will enjoy the entertainment, shows, parties etc.

There are also shows on most nights in the theatre with various artists and one of the nights the Activities Manager did country / line dancing in the 'shall we dance lounge'.

There was also a belly flop contest in the pool one day.

I don't think there was a pirate party. There is a night called "The Quest" towards the end of the cruise .... can't tell you much about it as it didn't go but it was "out there" ... and something you just don't talk about on here. If you are very outgoing and prepared to take a risk you might like it, so once you get on the ship ask about it and you will find out.!!!!

I am wondering if anyone can tell me the variety and frequency of organized activities on Rhapsody of the Seas? Do RCCL Cruise Directors do things similar as P&O with Trivia, Golf and other participation type events? Also, I believe on a 9 day cruise there are 2 Formal nights and probably an Island Night but do they also have (as with P&O) Country, Rock and Roll and Pirate Nights, and if so would they have all of these? Thanks if anyone has this info. I am trying to decide what I should pack for these nights. :confused:

Hi Waydago

I have all the cruise compasses ( daily planners ) from our cruise in 2008 on the Rhapsody and am happy to email them to you...my email address is robynwau@yahoo.com. I don't think too much has changed as we have done further RCL cruises, although I think they have now brought in a White Night party...which will be one of the pool party nights now....maybe someone else can confirm.

I have also included the links to my sons journals from our 2 Rhapsody cruises...please just keep in mind that he is a Gen Y, but they do outline some of the activities we attended.

http://www.box.com/shared/6l6qkxc0r4

http://www.box.com/shared/f16kgeutvh

Regards

Robyn

Regards

The Rhapsody is a great ship, and up there on the top of our list. We found their activities were all fun, and a great selection, possibly better than most other lines we have been with. I felt they catered for a much wider spectrum of people....ie lots to chose from. Re 'The Quest'....don't miss that, fabulous and will have you rolling off your seats with laughter.

Great choice of ship. Enjoy!

We are just off the 10 night NYE cruise. There was a rock n roll, 70s and island night. There were also 3 formal nights. Plenty of other organized activities. Qwest was great fun. Everyone in attendance participates in a team, but you don't need to be an extroverted nudist to join in. Have fun.

Archived