Aloha or Caribe deck?

cefh

I currently hold cabins A502 and A424 for the Grand Princess Med cruise, and am thinking of upgrading to the Caribe deck because I've read so much here about the rooms and balconies being better. I'd like opinions on whether it's worth the extra $750 for 5 people on a 12 day cruise.

Also - does anyone know which is the best side for views leaving Venice - port or starboard?

Thanks.

Hello

We have had balconies on both decks on the Grand and The Golden.

The cabins on the Caribe deck are about 254 square ft plus balcony vs

Aloha deck Cabins at 217Square Feet plus balcony. The Caribe deck balcony is slightly larger they say but if it is it'snot much .

I don't think it is worth the extra money for 2 people but it might be for 5.

Jeff

If you plan on sitting outside on the balcony, the Caribe deck wins hands down. We were on the Golden, had breakfast out there every morning, had naps, quiet reading and snacks in the afternoon and just loved the extra space (both covered and open) We plan on doing the same on the Grand in September. We were on the Celebrity in February, had a basic balcony and felt squished.

Bottom line it is your choice regarding how you would spend the money. We chose to upgrade just for the balconies.

Just got back from the Med on the Grand. We had caribe 731. Nice balcony and we liked the extra space and lounges. I think it was a little too close to the back and occasionally I could hear some noise, like from an intake vent or something.But you could hear the ocean at night as we sailed.

I chose starboard because if you look at the itinerary map you skirt the coast of almost everywhere off starboard and the view while docked in Istanbul was the whole city and bay.

When leaving Venice your usually on top deck for sail away and it doesnt matter where your room is. Have fun!

We were just on the Coral and Island Aloha deck....mid-ship. The only problem was the noise from people moving chairs around above us on the Lido deck. We

plan to go down a deck or two next time.

Archived