Ft. Lauderdale March 17 Hotels?

CruiseWhere

I'm hoping someone can shed some light here...please excuse my ignorance being from Canada, but our March break ends here on the 17th. So can anyone explain why the hotels are so expensive for that day in FLL. We are trying to book one either near the airport or port everglades and the prices are insane:(

Any suggestions??!!

March spring break times vary by school/state etc. So basically the whole month can be very busy.

Check out hotels on hotwire or lastminutetravel. Use the hotel lists on betterbidding.com to identify the hotels on hotwire. I see a couple good ones listed on hotwire for under $150.

Look at Last minute travel 114.00 at Springhill suites

Is that the Springhill Suites in Miami or Ft. Lauderdale? I needed a room to sleep 6 and I found one for $208 including tax but it's in Miramar about 30min from port. I will make my final decision tomorrow.

Was able to get the Hilton Airport for $107 on Hotwire:) Not particularly my first choice but it works for us!

Nothing wrong with this deal. Free airport shuttle, average Hilton rooms and a nice outdoor pool area that makes you forget you are at the end of the runway till a plane takes off. The pool is nicely heated.

Also, free internet in lobby.

We booked the Hampton Inn in Miramar 2 queens and a sofa bed. There will be 6 of us, total $188+ tax. I'm told that this is a newer hotel and about 30 minutes from the POM. I feel lucky since so many of the other rooms booked up so quickly.

Archived