New platinum member, how much discount for Balcony? plus another question

Yurita

Recently became a platinum member. I'm booked on the Jewel with an Oceanview cabin. I used a Crown & anchor certificate to book this cruise (it was $125 coupon for oceanview).

Now, if I upgrade to a Balcony, can I use my C&A platinum discount as well? if so, how much is a balcony discount for a 7 night cruise?

I'm new at this, so sorry.

Recently became a platinum member. I'm booked on the Jewel with an Oceanview cabin. I used a Crown & anchor certificate to book this cruise (it was $125 coupon for oceanview).

Now, if I upgrade to a Balcony, can I use my C&A platinum discount as well? if so, how much is a balcony discount for a 7 night cruise?

I'm new at this, so sorry.

No, the balcony discount is not combinable with the savings certificate. Here are the balcony discounts:

Platinum Balcony Discount When Booking More Than 6 Months From Sailing Date:

$ 50* for sailings of 3-5 nights

$100* for sailings of 6-9 nights

$200* for sailings of 10+ nights

*Subtract $25 for bookings less than 6 months in advance.

The benefits cannot be combined. Use the bigger benefit - which in this case is the coupon, since the Platinum balcony discount for a 7 night cruise is $100 if booked six months out or more, or $75 if booked less than six months out.

ohhhh, thanks a lot guys, makes a lot of sense.

I keep learning new things every day. I guess I'm staying in my little oceanview.

There is nothing wrong with an ocean view cabin. We book them when a cruise is port intensive and save a bunch of money to spend on other things like excursions.

There is nothing wrong with an ocean view cabin. We book them when a cruise is port intensive and save a bunch of money to spend on other things like excursions.

True! and this specific cruise is soooooo port extensive. Actually it's at a different port every single day but one.

True! and this specific cruise is soooooo port extensive. Actually it's at a different port every single day but one.

If you can get the balcony guaranty for a good price go for it. If the cruise is that port intensive, you probably won't miss the balcony. My measurement is if it comes out to less than $10 per day per person to upgrade, do it.

In my experience, when the Cruise Fairy drops a little gift in your lap, take it and run. :D

If you can get the balcony guaranty for a good price go for it. If the cruise is that port intensive, you probably won't miss the balcony. My measurement is if it comes out to less than $10 per day per person to upgrade, do it.

In my experience, when the Cruise Fairy drops a little gift in your lap, take it and run. :D

Advice taken!

There are still tons of cabins left on this cruise; mostly OV and BL, so my prediction is that prices will continue to decrease and guarantees will begin to appear.

Very, very good itinerary as well.

Archived