St Thomas to Trunk Bay with Wheelchair

azkcruizers

Hi...My family will be in St. Thomas on the Carnival Breeze on February 5th. We have been to St. Thomas quite a few times and seeing that we have a longer day in port, 8am to 6pm we were considering venturing over to St. John. I have read a lot of the threads on how to get there and understand all of that, I only have one concern. My Mom travels with a wheelchair. At home she doesn't use one and can walk short distances, but on vacation it's just too much. I am wondering if we go to Trunk Bay if she would have a hard time. If there is a path that she can be pushed down to get to the beach then she should be fine. I'm assuming there I could rent her a chair and keep it towards the back of the beach in the shaded tree area without her walking too too far in the sand. She would not get in the water. I'm also not sure of the location of the restroom. If it is along the path and she stopped on her way, I'm sure she would be fine until we left. The problem is I am just guessing at all of this. I'm hoping that someone can help me.

I did read somewhere that Trunk Bay has a beach wheelchair, first come first serve, but I haven't heard of anyone mentioning that and am not counting on it.

Also where abouts is the stand for food and drinks.....from the entrance to the beach?

Thanks for your help. My Mom doesn't like to be a nuisance, so it's nice to be prepared and not seem like it's a big deal with her :D

If your ship offers an excursion to St John, that would make it easier for your.mom, because there are fewer times of getting in and out of vehicles.

Yes Trunk has a path. Yes, they have beach wheelchair or chairs. The food concession is in the middle of the beach, but bathrooms are far left if you're facing the water. I've mapped it all out with photos on everytrail.com, so try searching for it there.

Archived