Celebrity sending me (U.S.) ads qouted in British Pounds?

Lazz

This happened to me a while back. Someone on the boards suggested checking my captain's club profile and sure enough, it showed that Pennsylvania is in the UK. Not sure how that got changed but it had been correct earlier. I changed that to US.

I thought that would take care of the issue but now I don't receive Celebrity emails at all....I've tried several times to sign up but still don't receive the promotional emails.

Any other US residents getting E Mail ads qouted in British Pounds? The E Mail ads from RCCL is the same way.

I had the same problem and as was stated in a previous message, my profile also said UK. I changed it and now get everything in US$. However, I continue to monitor my profile because you never know what Celebrity IT folks are doing with the info.:(

I just received an email from Celebrity. It clearly looks like it is meant for Brits. My Celebrity profile says US.

I wonder if it has something to do with that gift card promotion-because I got one and DH did not.

I just received an email from Celebrity. It clearly looks like it is meant for Brits. My Celebrity profile says US.

I wonder if it has something to do with that gift card promotion-because I got one and DH did not.

I started getting the UK emails in pounds, also, even though my profile said U.S. After a month or two, the emails started showing U.S. dollars again. I sure wish X would get their IT department in order...

This prompted me to review my captain's club profile.

It showed:

My Name

My Town

Pa, PA GBR Zip Code

I edited and found that my country was UK (I changed that to US). My town was on the "address 2" line (I cleared that and moved it to "city"). The city field had my state. The state and zip code were OK. Celebrity's crack IT team strikes again!

We'll see if any emails come now. Not holding my breath.

I've gotten a couple of the British-pound-priced emails too, and I live in the US and always have. I'm not even going to try to get it fixed, given that for some reason they can't connect my Captain's Club number with me on the site and although I made several calls and was transferred to several different people trying to get THAT fixed (after an email which they responded to after at least 2 weeks to tell me I had to call to get it fixed) it still isn't fixed. Yet, my CC number has been correct in my reservations on the site and I am assured I have the appropriate number of credits--just can't see them when I log into Captain's Club because I CAN'T log into Captain's Club!

Sorry for the rant, it just frustrates me every time I think about it. People who assure you it will be fixed, and then it isn't. But I guess if some part of the organization has to be screwed up, I'd rather it was this part than something that affects reservations or the onboard experience! :)

Archived