FRAGONARD, EZE Perfume Factory Question

clairedy6

We plan on going to the Fragonard factory in Eze this summer, I definitely want to take the free tour but I've heard that there is also a class where you can sign up and make your own perfume. Does anybody know any details about this like where I can sign up for it, how much it costs, what's included, how long it takes, etc.? Thanks! :)

We plan on going to the Fragonard factory in Eze this summer, I definitely want to take the free tour but I've heard that there is also a class where you can sign up and make your own perfume. Does anybody know any details about this like where I can sign up for it, how much it costs, what's included, how long it takes, etc.? Thanks! :)

Very interesting questions. We have been active on these boards since the beginning of CC and do not recall anyone asking about the Fragonard building in Eze. When it comes to Frangonard we always associated them with Grasse (where they have a facility/museum). I looked at their web site and the tour of the Eze factory is free. Here is a link:

http://www.fragonard.com/parfums_grasse/GB/fragonard/eze/

Keep in mind that the biggest issue for folks visiting Eze is getting to the village since there is no direct train service (you can take the train to nearby Eze/Bord sur Mer and then use a taxi or the bus, and getting there via bus has its share of issues. Of course you can always take a taxi from either Monte Carlo or Villefranche but taxis in this part of France and not inexpensive.

And we do have a related story. Several years ago DW and I were driving through the south of France and decided to stop at Grasse. While at Fragonard, DW decided to have a perfume made just for her Mom (you could have them design a unique formula). Her Mom hated that perfume :)

Hank

I have been to Fragonard in Grasse and Paris on several different occasions over the years,but not to the one in Eze. Over the years they have changed,and become a lot more commercial for drawing in tourist as well as changing their fragrances. I would do the tour,but I am not sure I would do the class for making your own fragrance as there is so much to see in the area.That being said if you have your heart set on it then do it.If this is your first trip to the area see the sights then do the class when you go back again would be my suggestion.I have not been able to find anything there in the past visit or two since they went a different route with their products to be honest.No matter what you do...enjoy the trip.

Very interesting questions. We have been active on these boards since the beginning of CC and do not recall anyone asking about the Fragonard building in Eze. When it comes to Frangonard we always associated them with Grasse (where they have a facility/museum). I looked at their web site and the tour of the Eze factory is free. Here is a link:

http://www.fragonard.com/parfums_grasse/GB/fragonard/eze/

Keep in mind that the biggest issue for folks visiting Eze is getting to the village since there is no direct train service (you can take the train to nearby Eze/Bord sur Mer and then use a taxi or the bus, and getting there via bus has its share of issues. Of course you can always take a taxi from either Monte Carlo or Villefranche but taxis in this part of France and not inexpensive.

And we do have a related story. Several years ago DW and I were driving through the south of France and decided to stop at Grasse. While at Fragonard, DW decided to have a perfume made just for her Mom (you could have them design a unique formula). Her Mom hated that perfume :)

Hank

Here's a similar thread: http://50.57.11.189/showthread.php?t=1011163

I do know for a fact that they offer perfume making, there will also be an excursion that our cruise line is offering where they go to Fragonard (in Eze) and make their own perfume, however we would rather do this on our own.

If anyone else knows how we can book this please share your advice :)

We will be in Monte Carlo, Monaco for the day and plan to take the bus to Eze -- what "issues" did you mean are related to taking the bus?

if you do a search you will find lots of info on the bus (some posted by moi) but the main problem from Monte Carlo is the frequency of the buses which can sometimes be more then 1 1/2 hours apart.

hank

• 2 weeks later...

We were in Eze last summer (drove ourselves from Cannes) and we noticed the Fragonard building. I have to say, it didn't look very big...we got the feeling it was mostly a "branch" office. This is based purely on size and not on any facts.

We found Eze itself to be so beautiful and interesting. I would think that if perfume is what you're really interested in, Grasse is the spot to go.

Archived