Where to meet someone off the ship in Ocho Rios?

marciemi

I have a friend who lives in Kingston and will be driving up to try to meet up with us when our ship (Carnival Freedom) is in Ocho Rios next week. Unfortunately we don't plan to have our cell phones on while on the cruise (concerned about costs) so would like to find a place to meet her. Does anyone know about the area near the port? I don't want to stand around and be assaulted by vendors. Where could she park? If the ship is technically in port at 7:30, what time could we theoretically plan to be off the ship and actually in port? Is it a tender port? Thanks so much for any input or suggestions!

I have a friend who lives in Kingston and will be driving up to try to meet up with us when our ship (Carnival Freedom) is in Ocho Rios next week. Unfortunately we don't plan to have our cell phones on while on the cruise (concerned about costs) so would like to find a place to meet her. Does anyone know about the area near the port? I don't want to stand around and be assaulted by vendors. Where could she park? If the ship is technically in port at 7:30, what time could we theoretically plan to be off the ship and actually in port? Is it a tender port? Thanks so much for any input or suggestions!

I have been there once. If you get off the ship and go out the gate and walk about 100 yards or so there is a shopping area for tourists as well as a Margeritaville. Unfotunately I dont know anything about parking but you could ask to meet right in front of the shopping area or right outside the gate where the ship comes in. Technically you can stand right inside the gate away from the people selling things till your friend pulls up. The good thing my wife and I found out is if they ask you to buy something and you say no, they never bothered again. I hope this helps.

There is a shopping center not far from the peer. I can't tell you the name but the buildings are all yellow. If you are walking from the peer you take a left when you come to the first busier street. You will see it on the right after you turn. We met a friend there a few years ago and that is where he parked. There was quite a bit of parking.

Archived