Price change!

tserface

I checked prices on our cruise today and our room has gone up $400 each. I hear people often complain that their price doesn't get adjusted when there is a discount. I'm really glad our price did not get adjusted up with this price change. I'm guessing our cruise and/or category is selling well so they just feel they can increase the price for the rooms that are left. I'm glad we didn't wait to book! We an example that sometimes it pays to book early.

Tom

Hello Tom:

You are so right..... it is always a gamble if you decide to wait and are wanting a certain cruise and a certain cabin type.... the prices can and do go up.

I always wait and gamble on the price going lower, but I am very flexible with dates. One example of prices dropping considerably are the Reflection cruises out of Miami for January. It boggles my mind that a new ship with a great itinerary would have to keep lowering the prices so much!

Anyways, congrats on making the right choice to get your cabin and your sailing for $400 less than what people are now paying! :)

I checked prices on our cruise today and our room has gone up $400 each. I hear people often complain that their price doesn't get adjusted when there is a discount. I'm really glad our price did not get adjusted up with this price change. I'm guessing our cruise and/or category is selling well so they just feel they can increase the price for the rooms that are left. I'm glad we didn't wait to book! We an example that sometimes it pays to book early.

Tom

Once you have reserved, Celebrity will never "adjust your price upward". You are locked in. If the price goes lower, prior to final payment, then all you need to do is call them or TA to have it adjusted downward. That never happens automatically. ;) There are definite advantages to booking early. The price on a cruise I recently booked went up $650 (for the category I booked) just 4 days after I booked it. It really pays to keep an eye on things.

Our March Hawaii cruise price has gone up a whopping $700 per person for the outside double we booked two or three months ago. You bet I'm a happy girl.

Interesting point to me is that it was a choice between x and HAL. Hal cruise back when we were deciding was much pricier and one day shorter. I like HAL a lot but it was an easy choice to go with Celebrity.

Now, though, X is apparently full enough to be raising rates ...while the HAL price has headed down closer to our fare. So HAL is apparently not close to full.

We tend to book early because we often use frequent flyer points for our air...in this case, at least, X encourages and rewards early booking while HAL rewards late bookers.

Archived