OASIS Boardwalk Balcony - question for anyone who has HAD this room type

Hi Everyone --

I've been on the Allure so I'm familiar with the deck plans, etc.

My question is for anyone who has already stayed in one of these cabins re: the Seafood Shack on Oasis is on the Boardwalk.

Does the smell of seafood rise up to those BW balcony rooms? I'm SEVERLY allergic to fish and seafood, and while we'd love to book a BW balcony, I'm afraid the smell might be a problem. (I'm so allergic just to the smell that I usually avoid the MDR on Lobster night.)

Can anyone answer this one? And if so, what deck were you on? Is it more or less the higher up you go? (I'm not sure how much of the food is actually prepared in that location -- I couldn't really tell when we were in Rita's Cantina on Allure)

Thanks in advance !

Sandy

We had a Boardwalk Balcony on the 14th deck on the Oasis

We could not smell anything and it was not noisy. The BW balcony was interesting and glad we did it, but we really like the OV balcony better

THANK YOU!!! DH is not a fan of the ocean view.... but we had the Central Park "view" (non-balcony) and he determined he would like to try a BW balcony next time.

A travel agent (not mine) urged us away from that type stating noise and lights from the Merry Go Round... (pul-eeze !!) and didn't even provide the price for that cabin type.

I don't think I'd mind the smell of Johnny Rockets wafting up to the balcony... :D

Sandy

Hi Everyone --

My question is for anyone who has already stayed in one of these cabins re: the Seafood Shack on Oasis is on the Boardwalk.

Does the smell of seafood rise up to those BW balcony rooms? I'm SEVERLY allergic to fish and seafood, and while we'd love to book a BW balcony, I'm afraid the smell might be a problem. (I'm so allergic just to the smell that I usually avoid the MDR on Lobster night.)

Can anyone answer this one? And if so, what deck were you on? Is it more or less the higher up you go? (I'm not sure how much of the food is actually prepared in that location -- I couldn't really tell when we were in Rita's Cantina on Allure)

Thanks in advance !

Sandy

We had 12329 and did not smell anything rising up.

We had 12329.....pretty much straight above the seafood shack and never caught a whiff of any fish.

We had 12329 and did not smell anything rising up.

Anyone who has been in a XX329 cabin, do you get a decent view of the aqua theatre?

we had a great view of the Aqua Theater. And the climbing wall and the wake of the ship. Also note that there is a large public balcony just past 11329 that is almost always deserted. Great views of the theater, port ocean view, view aft.

We had 12717 on Oasis. We were above Johnny Rockets and across from the Seafood Shack. We did not smell any fish (and I am also very sensitive to smells).

We enjoyed the view of the ocean and could clearly see the shows in the Aquatheatre.

Enjoy!!

we had a great view of the Aqua Theater. And the climbing wall and the wake of the ship. Also note that there is a large public balcony just past 11329 that is almost always deserted. Great views of the theater, port ocean view, view aft.

We're in 11329 on Allure in 2 weeks. We can't wait to see the view, based on all the positive reviews we've heard! One question, does the public balcony have lounge chairs on it?

We had a Boardwalk Balcony on the Oasis last year. We will have the same cabin on the Allure in three weeks. It was great to have a different view of the ship. The view of the Aqua Theater if great. This year we will be on the ship for the Superbowl and I think they will show it in the Aqua Theater, so it should be fun.

Happy Sailing,

Hi Everyone --

Thanks in advance !

Sandy

Not at all! I was on the boardwalk balconies both on Allure and Oasis! we were the 4th to last balcony on Allure and 2nd to last on Oasis and they were amazing. You could see the ocean, what's going on in the aqua theater, and there was a lanai deck on the back that virtually very little people knew about! We would HIGHLY reccommend the boardwalk balconies because we loved it!!!!

Archived