How many entered the RC & Me Photo and Essay Contest?

Did you enter the RC & Me Photo Contest?  

98 members have voted

1. 1. Did you enter the RC & Me Photo Contest?

• Yes, I entered the contest long ago
    • Yes, I entered the contest at the last minute
    • No, I meant to, but forgot to enter the contest
    • No, I never enter contest...a big waste of time

I had such a good idea and forgot to enter! I was going to take a picture of me at my desk. I have past cruise pictures and crown and anchor magazines pinned up all over the place reminding me why I am working so hard in school. So that I can get an awesome job that will allow me to cruise as often as possible. Unfortunatly, things got sooo busy at school that I forgot to send it in.:mad:

You guys are so creative. I submitted a pic of my DH with the C & A

I thought the rules stated that the photo had to be of the entrant?

All of these ideas were great! I think RCCL is going to have a tough time deciding. :eek: I can't decide on my favorite, but that poem was really cute!

Driftwoodgal - I also have a fondess for your photo with the dogs. ;)

BTW- I was wondering if I could ask you a question about kennels? I feel that we just had a bad experience with our local kennel this past weekend and I would like to ask your opinion.

Well it looks like the winners will be selected on or about June 6 which is today and will be notified by telephone and overnight mail. Let's all keep our fingers crossed!!! If you hear anything....we want to be the 2nd to hear about it!!

Looks like we have a while to wait before being informed of the winner.

Hundreds of entries, but only one match.

(And a few runners-up.) Stay tuned for the final results.

The request for entries in the Royal Caribbean & Me Contest closed as of June 1, so judging is currently underway. And while we received many eligible photos and essays that capture adventure with the Crown & Anchor magazine, there can only be one grand-prize winner and a few runners-up. Stay tuned to see who won these fabulous prizes:

spacer.gifCASnME_grandprize_txt.gifOne 7-night cruise for two aboard Freedom of the Seas CASnME_firstprize_txt.gifOne 7-night Caribbean cruise for two CASnME_secondprize_txt.gifOne 5-night Caribbean cruise for two CASnME_thirdprize_txt.gifOne 3-night Bahamas or Mexican Baja cruise for two

Be sure to check back at the end of August when we reveal the winners of the Royal Caribbean & Me Contest.

• 2 months later...

No win for me yet! :rolleyes:

Wouldn't it be great if we all won something! :D

My guess is that the winners have already been notified (we didn't win :( ) and the announcement will be made in the upcoming Crown & Anchor magazine.

We are anxiously waiting to hear the big news too. We entered the photo and essay contest. Sure hope we win something.

Royal Caribbean ran another contest simultaneously on their general website. It was just "sign up to win". We have not heard anything about either contest.

Go to the RCCL Crown and Anchor Contest section for a view of the winners:

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/cas/memberContest/home.do;jsessionid=0000oDzMBORRvM1gvHEWq2yV_jg:vnkcftsl

PS, it wasn't me! :(

The "picture" of the first prize winner sounds familiar, hope it was one of you!!!

Sorry Murphy :(

###

I just took a look at the winners. I wasn't a winner either and neither was Travelgrrl or any of us. :(

Travelgrrl and Murphy's idea was similar to the 1st prize, and I think they both sounded more colorful. The photo of the first place wasn't very good in quality, although a very clever idea to build a cruiseship out of snow (you just can't see it very well.) Third place was very funny, however once again, the clarity of the photo was lacking.

I don't understand it...our ideas were so much better than most of the winners, The Grand Prize winner was pretty good. Considering she is over in Iraq fighting for our country, she deserves to have a family reunion on the Freedom.

I think we should all post our photo's now. I'll have to hunt mine and post later (which BTW was very similar to the 2nd place winner.) The problem must have been my essay. :o

I would love to post our entries here. Can someone guide me on how to post a photo?

By the by - what ever happened to the other Freedom contest - the one where you just signed up on the Royal Caribbean website. That one only required filling out an entry form online.

Hit the reply button, then go down to "Additional Options ", then go to "Manage Attachments", click on that and follow directions.

If your file is too big, then resize it using either a photo program or Paint on your computer. You may want to make a saved copy of your photo first.

I think I will post my picture to a web site so that it shows up larger. The detail is hard to see when the size is reduced.

Archived