New Celebrity Promotion (1, 2, 3 Go !) Returns March 15, 2013

Andy

Hi Jenna109,

During the online check-in process travellers must enter their country of residence, makes you wonder if someone at Celebrity is going to go through every booking benefiting of the 123 offer and check where the travellers live

Very time consuming and lots of manpower... when it would just be as easy to give everyone the offer and keep the customers happy

I think once it is given then I really do not think they will remove it. This would make such a scene at check-in.

We should get together and really say what we think. I have just posted a discrimination post. Hopefully lots will agree and perhaps Celebrity will take notice.

Thanks missminnie for the post,

I do not recall having seen this when I read the fine print, and I did check them as I too had called Celebrity UK and did not agree with their "no". I even told the person on the phone that it did not state anywhere not available for UK residents.

If we look at the first post when the offer was first announced it is not mentioned there either.

Seems to me that Celebrity has just added it as so many queries ???

And what does it mean exactly ? "Offer is not eligible to residents of the United Kingdom."

Someone live in the UK (any nationalities, could be a US citizen residing in the UK) and they make the booking via a US TA, the offer will not apply ??? Is Celebrity going to go through every booking and check the country of residency and then decline the offer?

If this is the case am sure lots of people are not going to be happy...

It is indeed an amendment as I took a screen print of the T&C's on the day I complained and even sent it to them. I've just checked and the last sentence is not applicable on inside staterooms. They've just added the UK part after I've sent them my query.

Totally wrong (I'm sure there are some lawyers on here who could help!)

Read Host Andy's posting and spent ages researching what cruise I wanted to go on only to contact three UK travel agents to find out they have no knowledge of this offer.

Called Celebrity UK and have been told it is for US customers only.

This is really unfair and discrimatory against its european customers!

Bernipops

Read Host Andy's posting and spent ages researching what cruise I wanted to go on only to contact three UK travel agents to find out they have no knowledge of this offer.

Bernipops

Totally agree but you can get the offer by booking through an American TA. Not fair on customers or EU travel agents.

Booked early for a cruise on Feb 17th. Just called to try and get classic drink package. Reservations agent and manager flat out refused. I could understand if room rates have gone up significanly but they have not. Has anybody who booked early been sucessful in getting 1,2,3 go applied?

Thanks,:mad:

Booked early for a cruise on Feb 17th. Just called to try and get classic drink package. Reservations agent and manager flat out refused. I could understand if room rates have gone up significanly but they have not. Has anybody who booked early been sucessful in getting 1,2,3 go applied?

for this Feb or Feb 2014 ? Your last payment date has already gone by for this Feb. so they hold all the cards, you can easily do it if it is for Feb 2014

Hi Bob,

Are you in an inside cabin ? The offer is for Oceanview and above. Did they offer a reason ?

Bernipops

But it was OK last year when Celebrity offered free drink packages to those who booked cruises in the UK which US passengers couldn't get?????

Hi Andy,

It is for a veranda room on Feb 17th 2013. Reason was its only for "new bookings".

There are a number of examples in this thread of people past final payment getting the drink packages either through their TA contacting Celebrity or through Celebrity directly.

There are also lots of examples of inconsistencies with how this offer is being applied. Host Andy posted the following FAQ from Celebrity's Manager Social Media (sticky at the top) and there is an acknowledgement that existing bookings can be converted...with no mention of being past final payment.

"Can I convert a booking made prior to booking window?

Yes, at prevailing rates and other offers will be removed."

Not sure why a customer centric company struggling to boost future sales loyalty wouldn't be consistent and reliable with this offer.

Grrrr...:mad:

Hi Andy,

It is for a veranda room on Feb 17th 2013. Reason was its only for "new bookings".

Hi Bob,

Are you a US resident ? If so, then I highly suggest calling again. The reality is, since you are past final payment, it's up to Celebrity. With that said, I feel you have a chance of success. For what it's worth, others past final payment have reported obtaining the promotion. I'd certainly mention that when you call again. I'd also mention that the new booking rule should not apply, though if the rate is higher, then you would have to pay the prevailing rate. It may not be as simple as a free add-on.

Please let us know what happens. Good Luck !

Edited by Host Andy

If you want to take advantage of this promotion and you're past final payment, move on it. For friends sailing with us on upcoming cruise it was worth their while to pay the difference between current fare and what they originally paid. Unfortunately, they waited too long to make a move it and by the time they decided they'd go ahead with it, their category was sold out. So didn't work out for them.

Hi All

I've now had a response back from Celebrity which I've copied below:

"Thank you for your recent email. I can appreciate your frustration at

seeing an International offer or promotion that cannot be applied to your

booking as you have booked in the UK. I copy below the terms and

condition taken from the US website for this new promotion you will see at

the end of the first large paragraph it is clearly stated that this offer

does not apply to UK Bookings.

CELEBRITY CRUISES RESERVES THE RIGHT TO IMPOSE A FUEL SUPPLEMENT OF UP TO

$10 PER GUEST PER DAY ON ALL GUESTS IF THE PRICE OF WEST TEXAS INTERMEDIATE

FUEL EXCEEDS $65 PER BARREL.

* Prices are per person, cruise only, for stateroom category 08 and based

on double occupancy.

Cruise must be booked Jan. 7–27, 2013 (the "Offer Period"). Offer applies

to 3–night or longer cruises departing Feb. 2013–Apr. 2014 (the "Offer

Cruise"); excludes Celebrity Xpedition® cruises. During the Offer Period,

book a qualifying Europe cruise and choose two of the following options, or

book any other qualifying cruise and choose one of the following options:

Classic Beverage Package for Two, Free Gratuities, or Onboard Credit. Limit

of one Offer per stateroom. Offer does not apply to interior staterooms.

Offer is not eligible to residents of the United Kingdom.

Classic Beverage Package for Two applies to two guests per stateroom and

includes beers up to $5 per serving; and spirits, cocktails, and wine up to

$8 per serving, select fountain sodas, fresh squeezed and bottled juices,

premium coffees, teas and non-premium bottled water. Server gratuities are

included (amount based on gratuity guidelines). Premium Beverage Package

upgrade available for an additional charge; order upgrade onboard.

Free Gratuities Offer applies to two guests per stateroom and provides for

prepaid stateroom, waiter, assistant waiter and head waiter gratuities in

the amount suggested by Celebrity’s guidelines.

Onboard Credit amount is per stateroom and amount based on the number of

cruise nights: 3–5 nights $100; 6–9 nights $200; 10 nights or more $300.

OBC has no cash value, is applicable to cruise only, non-transferable, not

redeemable for cash, will expire if not used by 10:00 PM on the final night

of the cruise, and will be applied to reservation within 10 days of

booking.

To redeem offer contact your travel professional, call Celebrity Cruises at

1-866-212-2702, or book through the itinerary links above and then call to

choose your offer.

Offer is non-transferable and applicable only to the Offer Cruise. No

refunds or credits for unused options. Offer is applicable to new

individual bookings and bookings named and deposited within a group during

the Offer Period. Offer is subject to availability and change without

notice, capacity controlled, not combinable with any other offer or certain

price programs, including Exciting Deals, ChoiceAir® specials, Reduced Air,

interline, travel agent, Travelzoo, and employee rates, and may be

withdrawn at any time. Offer not applicable to charters or contracted

groups. Cruise portion of Cruisetours eligible for Offer based on number of

cruise nights. Single occupancy bookings eligible for Offer."

Therefore I know different countries run different promotions but I'm finding more and more about offers across the world but not UK so will definately be trying Princess after this year. (Cannot afford to lose our deposits already paid this year and find a cruise which matches the dates!).

Really disappointed (as I suspect USA cruisers on when UK offers are on that they can't use). Seems one rule for one country and one for another with significantly better offers for everyone bar UK residents. :mad:

Hi yes I am another UK citizen who has cruised with Celebrity Cruises and has a number of cruises booked 2013/14. I have in the past accepted that we always have on many occasions had less favourable pricing structure. But this recent offer has now made me very angry, why are we limited to the drinks package on cruises from Southampton only, not even the rest of Europe. I contacted Celebrity and received the exact same response as you have received, I feel that they do not have any respect for their loyal UK customers if they can treat them this way. I am writing to the President and CEO Michael Bayley to express my anger, and urge other UK customers to do the same. They need UK customers, with their sister company RCCL they have a large number of cabins to fill in the UK in this competitive market.

Hi Everyone,

I've noticed a number of posts from our members who wish to discuss rules concering various countries. The purpose of this thread, is to assist our community with their 123 GO questions, and we're getting off-topic. It's fine to discuss, but it's the same conversation on two threads.

As a separate thread discussing various countries is ongoing, please discuss it there : http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1765425

Thanks very much for your understanding.

Edited by Host Andy

This promotion seems like it is only a super deal if you really utilize the drink package.

quote]

I agree. If on a longer sailing and you want the OBC, it is the same $300.00 for booking while onboard (although the pre-paid gratuities might be a bit more).

Edited by Jade13

Hi Everyone,

I've noticed a number of posts from our members who wish to discuss rules concering various countries. The purpose of this thread, is to assist our community with their 123 GO questions, and we're getting off-topic. It's fine to discuss, but it's the same conversation on two threads.

As a separate thread discussing various countries is ongoing, please discuss it there : http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1765425

I'm not sure we are getting off topic as it's the promotion this thread refers to which has generated the other thread!

However, as there is a separate thread and various questions have been raised here and there, referring to why this 123 promotion is forbidden to UK residents, perhaps you could use your undoubted influence and ask Celebrity why this is the case and put that in a post on the other thread?

I'm not sure we are getting off topic as it's the promotion this thread refers to which has generated the other thread!

However, as there is a separate thread and various questions have been raised here and there, referring to why this 123 promotion is forbidden to UK residents, perhaps you could use your undoubted influence and ask Celebrity why this is the case and put that in a post on the other thread?

This would be a really good idea. I have been told that

1laws prevent the 123 offer being given to UK residents

2 the uk residents clause was added after the offer was released

These are very important points and it would be very helpful if Celebrity would give some clarification.

Hi Bob,

Are you a US resident ? If so, then I highly suggest calling again. The reality is, since you are past final payment, it's up to Celebrity. With that said, I feel you have a chance of success. For what it's worth, others past final payment have reported obtaining the promotion. I'd certainly mention that when you call again. I'd also mention that the new booking rule should not apply, though if the rate is higher, then you would have to pay the prevailing rate. It may not be as simple as a free add-on.

Please let us know what happens. Good Luck !

It did not matter when I called last night to add the promotion. We sail in seven weeks and the agent was very helpful at Celebrity to add the promotion.

Here is a simple thought instead of everyone complaining to Celebrity that this 123 promo is causing problems etc. lets give them a solution. Celebrity needs to become mainly inclusive instead of nickling and diming and playing the roving promo game....just start adding the cost of drinks to the base package price of the cruise and then just add the gratuity fee to the price of the cruise just like the prot fees. Maybe then we would not have long threads about cheapsakes and some cruisers not being able to get promos. It may make their prices not be as competitive but it would set them apart from the other mainliners.

Edited by Roxymax

Hi Harz99,

Thank you for the vote of confidence, but I think your comment about my "undoubted influence" is an overstatement :). So you are aware, I've sent an email to Celebrity, alerting them to the comments. That's truly the most I can do.

Thank you Host Andy for this thread, and for everyone's comments. I called today about our Sept cruise, that we booked back on Dec 28th. They checked on the current pricing, & it was still at what we paid for it, so they added the two drink packages. I was totally shocked, because our class of staterooms were sold out, so I thought there would be no way that they would give it to us, but as said they had no problem adding it to our sailing.

I'm a happy camper :D, what a deal! This sure beat last years 10% savings.

Edited by DiamondSuiteCruiser

Hi Harz99,

Thank you for the vote of confidence, but I think your comment about my "undoubted influence" is an overstatement :). So you are aware, I've sent an email to Celebrity, alerting them to the comments. That's truly the most I can do.

Thank you for contacting Celebrity and making them aware of our concerns. I think we should all wait now for their comments. Hopefully they will be able to clarify why UK residents are exempt from the offer and why, seemingly, this exemption was added at a later date.

Hello all Brits,

Good news. Celebrity is not charging cancellation penalties to add the drink promotion. You will lose any other benefits you had and pay the latest fare on the cabin (just like in the US) The only difference is the UK is not offering the second goodie like free gratuites or on-board spend. But maybe you can work with your TA. Ours offered half the gratuites. We lost our original extras but it it was still worth it to do the changes.

Hope that helps.

(I am in the US but my sister is in the UK and she booked it there)

Pam

progress.gif