pre-cruise hotel in LaPlace..safe area?

lauriedun

I am looking at the Hampton Inn in LaPlace as a pre-cruise hotel so we can tour the nearby plantations. Can someone tell me if this is a safe area?

La Place is ok. I'm assuming you will have your own transportation. The hotel is really close to I-10, and 55 north begins right there also. There isn't anything to do or see at your hotel. It's just a hotel close to interstate. There is a truck stop fuel station with a Mcdonalds in it between you and I-10. and the City of LaPlace it to the south about a 4-5 minute drive. You will have to drive to do anything. Regarding your question, is it safe, it's as safe as any other hotel at an interstate exit. It's not a city enviorment, more like suburban, bordering on rural, although LaPlace proper does have a couple large neighborhoods. I'd suggest there probably won't be thugs hiding behind cars waiting to trip you up.

Hope that helps

Ry

It is a safe location. It is right off I-10, 25 minutes from New Orleans. Just check and see whether it still has any damages from the hurricane in late August, which really impacted (though the motel is not really in LaPalce).

• 1 month later...
Thanks that helps! Yes we have our own transportation...we will be coming down 55 and really just want to tour the plantations before heading to the pier the next day...so sounds like it will work for us.

I have lived in LaPlace for 30 years. The Hampton is nice and fairly new. You will be safe there. LaPlace is a nice size city with everything you will need. There are several restaurants - you can get some good local seafood - and there is shopping, medical needs, etc. If you have any specific questions, I will be happy to help you. Just email me.

Archived