How many in shorts the first night in dining room?

discraz

They were still loading luggage at 6pm last Sunday when the Conquest was scheduled to sail, so I suspect lots of people on the early seatings didn't have a choice...

0OVwvfGg4+gnQMF3OKTbF+gGo+wsGjc60300.jpg

So when I get my luggage and it is squished and damaged from sitting under tons of other guests "stuff", do I demand compensation for a free cruise right then and there or do I wait sullenly through the rest of the cruise?

Should I ask for a 4 night or 7 night cruise?

Should I insist they upgrade me on the boat on the spot?

What if someone elses cooties get on my stuff?

Should I demand the cruise line reimburse me for my belongings?

:D

So when I get my luggage and it is squished and damaged from sitting under tons of other guests "stuff", do I demand compensation for a free cruise right then and there or do I wait sullenly through the rest of the cruise?

I might worry more about all the smuggled beer exploding and spewing all over the goods. :eek:

I might worry more about all the smuggled beer exploding and spewing all over the goods. :eek:

At least the alcohol from the bootlegging will kill all the cooties trying to attach themselves to my stuff:D

Always bring a change of clothing in your carry on, this being a pair of pants and a shirt just in case your bags dont make it for dinner.

I also always bring a small amount of concealed booze in case the mother lode doesn't make it in time.

Also always bring meds, etc. in case the bags don't make it at all. Once in a while a bag will disappear for good.

Yes.

Although *typically* very few passengers come to the dining room in shorts that evening despite the relaced dress code. Most everyone's luggage will have been delivered well in advance of dinner, especially if you have a later seating.

On all of my 12 cruises my luggage has never made it before dinner. ;)

I hate having to wear my shorts but what can you do. :D

Bill

Speaking of Liquor/Luggage, my mom bought some tasty Strawberry Tequila when we were in Progresso last month, 2 large bottles, well they didn't take it at the pier and so it was in the room... well it made it all the way until we got off the ship, we told the porter NOT to touch the luggage it was in (since they throw everything) and told him it was breakable, next thing we knew we was heaving it across the room onto a cart... OUCH! Both bottle busted all over the new clothes, t-shirts, suveniers, etc. :eek:

Even on the Destiny, which allows shorts in the dining room on 3 nights of the cruise, we rarely saw anyone wearing them. I did on the first night cuz we had 6:15pm dinner and got caught waiting in a huge line getting back on the ship through security. We barely made our seating and I was wearing overall shorts- the worst of the worst!!! Denim and shorts :o I like to travel in them though cuz they are comfortable and have lots of pockets...

The other nights that allowed them, I wore some nice longer skorts type outfits with mid heel sandals or capris.

The Destiny's dress code is far more relaxed than any other ship, but I have to say that her formal night's were just awesome!!! It was like New Year's Eve and everyone participated as the Host/Capers suggested.

Should I ask for a 4 night or 7 night cruise?

Should I insist they upgrade me on the boat on the spot?

What if someone elses cooties get on my stuff?

Should I demand the cruise line reimburse me for my belongings?

yikes!! i hope none of the booze bottles break!:confused:

Just returned yesterday from a seven day cruise on the Conquest. When we left on May 29th we did not get to the parking lot till 2pm in our shorts and tee shirts. It took us about 75 minutes till the the time we went through the parking gate till we ended up in our room (which I thought was very good). In talking with our room steward upon arrival I asked "how soon will the bags arrive". He mentioned that sometimes it takes till about 7-730, we had a 615 dinner time. We then went about to explore the ship till dinner. Walking on deck 5, I stopped at the Information Desk and asked if it would be all right to dress with what we had on for the first night. They responded that they understood and should be no problem. When we returned about 545 to the room to freshen-up before dinner our bags arrived. So we ended up dressing a little more appropriate anyway.

I was wondering if many people end up wearing shorts to the dining room the first night. We are planning on wearing our nicest shorts to board the ship. If your luggage doesn't arrive in time to dress for dinner, will the shorts be ok?

Elation - early dining - many in shorts, dress code waived.

Archived